trevkx125

May 22, 2002
My brother and i have owned a 98 kx125 for almost a year and didn`t use it that much(english winter) but are getting back in to it! :) we just bought another 97 kx125 last week,mainly trail riding to get started,but some flat out in top regulary across the fields etc,

I just need a few things that you helpfull people could tell me :) ........

we are using silkoline semi synetic 2 sroke mix at 32:1, is that good enough protection? the fully synthetic is twice as much money but i want the bikes to last as long as possible ,hence will pay the extra if needed for the use - does the fully synth ony give better protection at very high temps only? or is it better all round?

gear box oil??? my workshop manual says use a quality engine oil...is that good enough? 10/40 semi synthetic is what i am using at the moment........my local shop thinks that a proper gear oil is far superior, but i like to change it regular and it will cost much more......what are your views on this?

and the bike we have bought needs new fork seals, i have bought new seals and oil......do you need any special tools for this? i would like to do it myself and any help would be good !

last question..... i dont know anything about suspension settings, a little advice about setting them up for us 14 stone fat boys !

looking forward to your replys and i am of fairly good mechanical mind so please go into detail if you can be arsed!

cheers !!

trev.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom