NM_KDX200

Dec 29, 2002
Well, I finally got to go riding at a spot I haven't been to in about 4 years. It's on the Canadian river down by Amarilllo TX. I last rode my '96 XR250 there, but this is the first time I've taken the KDX there. First of all, it's 1,000 feet lower elevation (I'm at 6,000') and the first thing I did was nearly loop the KDX doing wheelies. LOT more power down there....

What I really wanted to do was ride sand whoops and I found a trail alongside the river that's about 3 miles long that is _entirely_ sand whoops. Not a break anywhere. I rode that thing back and forth 6 times and today I am SORE!!! But, boy, was it fun. The KDX is just worlds away better than the old mini-diesel pig (aka XR250) was and by the 3rd run I was getting the hang of skipping the front wheel off the top of the upcoming whoop. My suspension worked beautifully and my WER steering damper was a huge help in the deep sand. I climbed every hill I tried, usually in 3rd gear and the KDX just pulled right up 'em. All in all, I was really, really happy with the KDX.

I have an FMF Torque on the bike but am thinking about trying a Pro Circuit. A little more mid-range wouldn't bother me a bit. But, I'm not complaining. No sir.

I hope it's not another 4 years before I make it down there again....

KDXFreestyle

Damn Yankees
Nov 19, 2002
I have the pc pipe Platinum pipe. Fit perfectly, and gave the bike a MAJOR hit in the powerband! i thought mine morphed into a 250 MXer. I love my pipe, an dI didnt notice any loss of low end.

Top Bottom