flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
Yea I was wondering what the heck it was as well. I was thinking it was just someone trying to post spam....... :think: :confused: ......I don't know.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
My guess is that Okie is implementing some sort of ad/thread/forum tracking/reporting functionality, and Ad Bot is just showing up as part of the testing.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Okie is hacking again. what he is trying to do- place the banner ads into the threads as non subscribers are reading but you who are supporting DRN should not see them. Call it a reward for your support:thumb: that you get the 'clean version of a thread'

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Hey, a good way to boost advertising AND promote paying customers. I LIKE IT. I hope he's prepared for the crybaby factor though. :think:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I'm duplicating all the styles now.... subscribers and stm's can of course select different styles in their control panel. These new styles (including Ekko styles) are / will be ad free... no ads of any kind. Right now, to NOT see ads, you can select the style "AdFree 1" (or the Ekko styles) to browse add free. The "Ad Bot" blank posts will soon be gone.

wibby

Mod Ban
Mar 15, 2003
Cool, thanks.

I thought maybe I was doing something wrong and "BIG BROTHER" was watching! :eek:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
As of now there are a few AdFree Styles to select.... more will follow. There are some really sweet styles coming up.

Also, (until/if you go to an AdFree style) you'll see the actual ads in the threads, like the one above, not the "AdBot" post.

I'm still working on a good number (percentage chance that an ad will be inserted), so don't think an ad will go in after every post, that's not the intention.

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Any chance of creating the default skin w/o the ads? Or atleast copying the default skin and giving it a new file name? I am a creature of habit and like the way the plain/ original forum style looks but don't want the ads. Thanks in advance.

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Just cuz I read the forums doesn't mean I pay attention. :confused:
I guess I've been this way ever since highschool. Thanks Okie!! :thumb:

Top Bottom