whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Not a fan of black plastics, the rest is a killer deal, with the exception of the "about 3 hours"? I have heard, from many a newer year CR250 owner, wished they never got rid of their 01.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Nice bike, looks very clean for the age and has lots of nice mods.

The '01 motor is the last of its era, and that basic motor design was in production from '92 to '01 (with changes to carb, porting, pipes, ignition, etc...)

Got to ride an '01 once and really liked the motor and light feel and handling. The stock forks were not so good, so it's nice to see that one has been revalved.

The '01 is pretty aggressively ported, but has good all around power. It does not get good fuel range and it noted for shorter ring life than some of the other CR's that had milder porting (like the '99).

What do you plan on using it for?

I agree that the price is pretty high for what it is. No doubt it's much nicer than most '01 CR250's and some guys do love the '01, but the price is about double what a rough one would sell for around here. For that much coin you could probably get something like an '06 YZ250 two stroke.

Last edited:

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Nick Wey, in one of the moto rags, clearly stated, he wished he NEVER sold his 01. All my cr's, have keihn carbs, and my 00, has the 39mm quad carb, properly jetted, air stryker? Much friendlier to jet. i have a 265 modded cylinder to drop on for testing next. i am not riding the top strung out, and am considering the boyseen, or delta 2 reed, with the burly pipe? Running 20~25 to 1 oil ratio, has made the biggest smile of all!

tsnobaddays

Feb 11, 2008
Going to look at the bike in a couple of days really serious about buying it the price has come down, is there anything in particular that I should ck besides:
play in the bearings
compression
I was planning on removing the exhuast and taking a look at the cylinder wall and piston.

Top Bottom