KawieKX125

~SPONSOR~
Oct 9, 2000
Here are my bike options, I cannot decide and need to decide FAST, pleaaasssssseeeeeeeeeeeee help me!

Option one-VERY clean used 04 kxf250 for 3500

Option two-new kxf250 for 5300 OTD and the dealer currently has them in stock

Option three-new RMZ250 from a friends dealership (he is service manager) for about 5300 OTD, doesnt come in till late september, and I am at school by then. I would love to help his dealer out in terms of sales #'s, but I can't get myself to take the option cause of the dealer that currently has them in stock for the same OTD. Bike is not for sale for 2 more months, so again, my summer is done for riding since my KX has totally crapped out.

Option four-used CRF250 from a friend who owns a honda dealer. He wants 3500-4000 and hasnt decided exactly what yet. Bike is stone stock, ridden in the very slowest of all vet classes :) .

What would you guys do? I don't want to screw my friend by buying from somewhere else, but the fact that they are in is very very intriguing since it saves my summer and I have the cash right now. Used is intriguing since I can upgrade it and fix the inherent problems for less than new, but it is still used and still has some inherent problems. The bike from my friend is appealing because I can get parts at cost, it will be assembled and prepped properly by him, and it helps his dealer out with suzuki in terms of volume and discounts.
The CRF is intruguing because they seem to be reliable, but I am not and have never been a honda rider, and this would cause a complete abandoment of the current dealer I use for parts that treats me extremely well. I would hate to break my relationship with them.

Agh, this is so hard to decide, I don't want to hurt feelings, dont want to pay too much, want to ride now, and am a Kawasaki person at heart, even if the KXF is an RMZ and visa versa.

Thanks for any and all advice.

Casper250

Motosapien
Dec 12, 2000
KawieKX125 said:
Option one-VERY clean used 04 kxf250 for 3500

I would go this route. The money you save you can get a complete suspension revalve and complete engine rebuild if needed.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
I would choose: Option four-used CRF250 from a friend who owns a honda dealer. He wants 3500-4000 and hasnt decided exactly what yet. Bike is stone stock, ridden in the very slowest of all vet classes .

If the guy owns a Honda dealership - then you have your parts source right there. Of the '04 four-strokes, I prefer the Honda power last, but that's because it's soft down low. But it does rip up top and rev high and keep pulling. Since you're a natural 125 rider, I think the '04 CRF power would fit you just fine. The Honda is reliable. If you go green or yellow, I'll lay $20 on reading a "my bike broke" post in the next few months. Plus you can get this bike now and for a lot less $$. And if you ride the Honda for a few months and aren't groovin on it, you could always sell then get your RMZ from your dealer buddy.

va_yzrider

Apr 28, 2003
Don't let your friends decide what bike you get. That decision is yours and yours alone to make. If they don't understand that then they really aren't worth having as a friend. I would also go with the CRF250.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
option 5- a bike that will out power, handle and turn, and last much longer than option 1-4

Attachments

• RM250K5.jpg
    RM250K5.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 72

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
I am a Suzuki/Kawasaki guy but I would never touch an 04 KXF/RMZ, I would also not consider the 05 until I saw many reoprts from folks that the troubles the 04 had were resolved. You can not give away left over 04 KXF/RMZ's here at the moment, We have a local dealer here right now trying to sell 4 left over RMZ's for $2200 under MSRP ($5399 CDN) and he still has them. I'm with Nikki on this one I'd end up with the CRF if my only options were the ones you listed.

KawieKX125

~SPONSOR~
Oct 9, 2000
I've even heard of fragged CR-F's. I have to do the RMZ deal by monday if I want it or it is not a deal, his dealer does not stock dirtbikes so I have to order by monday if I want to get a bike. I will call the Honda guy again today and tell him gimme a set price and sell me the bike now and you have a deal :) . I called the dealer with the magical bikes in stock againa nd they gave me a different story this time, they get 3 bikes per week, first two weeks are sold out, they wont be available to me untill the week of the 16th, too late for me to deal with them. URgh, if it wasnt for the damn IMS rod breaking I would not be in this situation.

I see what you are saying with the overrevving nikki, I love the 4 strokes but love to rev too, so a 4 stroke that can rev would be very very nice. I guess I will go riding tonight with my friend who has one so I can ride it a ,little bit.

Thanks and keep the advice coming, it is all very good.

Casper250

Motosapien
Dec 12, 2000
KawieKX125 said:

I see what you are saying with the overrevving nikki, I love the 4 strokes but love to rev too, so a 4 stroke that can rev would be very very nice.

I wouldn't worry about over reving a 4s like a 2s, when you start to ride it, you adapt to the new power. I went from a 125 -->250f and things like starts in a 125 in first gear, I do in second on the 250f. I can ride an entire track in third gear on 250f. You can use that nice wide spread of power to your advantage.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom