Any Good KTM Dealers in Wa State to purchase from?

rass

Dec 4, 2001
Firecracker22.

The bike is amazing. I've owned xr 600's and ktm 620s. I'm 6'7" 260lbs so I need a powerful bike. However, this new 440 is beyond what I expected. It has a lineal power band. It's hard to know what gear you are in because the throttle is so responsive. Being fuel injected, the bike has an impressive snap. Cannondale did a good job choosing the components too. Also the fuel inection can be programed via a laptop to control different riding conditions, like mx or trail. Most people will buy this bike for mx however, i'm 99% trail and it is the best trail bike i've ever been on.

We have some really nice areas to ride. Newport and twin lakes have some really nice trails. Where did you move to?

Rass.

rass

Dec 4, 2001
Bsmith.

I'd say this is the best place in the country to be a dirt biker! I see you are a ktm 520 rider... Nice bike. Maybe I'll see you on the trails someday!

Rass.

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
I was out of riding for about 6-7 years and just got my bike about a month ago.
I listen to all those here to come up with my decision on what to buy, bikes sure have changed while I was away.

I'm sure I can't miss the 440. I actually have not been riding many places north and east of town, I've been spoiled out by Cheney. I plan on going to a lot of new places next year, as long as my CFO approves;)

We will have to have some type DRN rendezvous out at ORV park this spring.

rass

Dec 4, 2001
Bsmith.

I too have been out of riding for 3-4 years. I moved up here from Portland and found what a great area this is to ride. I took the plung and bought the bike last month.

I'm all about getting together with good people and enjoying the sport. I'm out at newman lake. Now if I can find the path that takes me from my house to mt. spokane, i'll be happy.

Enjoy the 520, I understand it's a beast!! As soon as the snow melts lets see if a ride could be cordinated. The friends I ride with are all 30 and above and should be able to keep up.

Rass.

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
The key is can I keep up.:eek:

Greg M

Jun 25, 1999
Rass,

Which version is the X440S? Is that the one with the GP injection?

As mentioned about a million times, I get to buy a new four stroke early next year and if Cannondale had kept the old color scheme, I would REALLY consider one. I am not sure is I will like the silver and black and they are still a little pricey. How does the silver and black look in person??? Is the weight and power in line with the other four strokes?

Greg M

rass

Dec 4, 2001
Greg M.

The 2002 has the GP Control system. The electronic fuel-injection and engine management system can be easily be customized to maximize performance. The system features a flash memory programmable ECU (Engine Control Unit), w/ a fuel map that allows you to down load your riding style through a lap top. Electronic fuel-injection monitors automatically compensates for changes in, temperature and air pressure to constantly deliver the proper fuel/air mixture to the engine. I find better horsepower, better throttle response, improved cold and hot starts, reduced stalling, and better idling. Maintenance is also simplified, since fuel-injection replaces a standard carburetor that would normally need to be re-jetted for changes in altitude or seasonal changes in weather. It has a barometric sensor unit!

Sorry for the book. The colors are stealth. I would choose the black and silver over the others. Everyone else has an orange, yellow, red, blue, green bike.... I'm polishing the double spar aluminum frame and swing arm to a mirror like finish.

The cylinder is backwards so the air filter is behind the front number plate (cleanest spot on the bike). Easy access. The exhaust pipe is short and throaty.

They put reusable/cleanable oil and transmission filters. No more buying filters. One more thing, electric start :scream:

Rass.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom