kiddirt

Aug 28, 2010
hi,
a few of us are heading to TN. for some trail riding, anyone have any good first hand info of any good technical single tracks to ride.

thx,
dave
sw mich.

Jordan414

Nov 23, 2008
Don't really know of any trails to ride, but I've ridden the Lorretta Lynn's GNCC and last years national enduro in Tennessee.... Tennessee is a blast! Lots of hills

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
ive been here, when i left there i swore i'd be able to ride a harley on Mi. ORV trils.
awesome hillclimbs. was 62'F at the bottom of a hillclimb and when we got to the top we could see our breath.

http://www.coalcreekohv.com/trails/

bk232

Feb 23, 2010
i have family down there and have been trying to find places to ride for years. not much luck.. check out the link above. also I think that the park in West Point -(site of national enduro) is open to open riding. I believe north alabama trail riders may operate it, or at least have info on the park.

loretta lynns gncc is fun as well as the national enduro, big hills...
and as grant said, plan on buying new tires when done...

2TrakR

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2002
We have a club ride out of Tellico Plains in the spring. The routes are 50/50 dirt/paved but awesome riding in the smokey mountains. There are two actual trails in that area, both are linear and pretty short (about 10 miles of trail total). Very tight on the side of the mountains and can be a bit technical if you're not used to that stuff, or are afraid of heights.

Several of the guys heading to our ride usually hit Coal Creek on the way down to get some "true" off-road riding in. Can be very muddy and they always have their fill of technical riding.

We've not found much else than what's already been mentioned.
Coal Creek
Brimstone
Royal Blue

Those are really ATV parks with enough stuff to keep bikes interested.

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
if you look at my gallery there are a few pics of coal creek/windrock mtn on pg 2

ChrisKring

Jun 20, 2006
The good stuff at Coal Creek / Windrock is on the North side up by Lake City. I doubt you would find any of the trails without a local guide as they are very well hidden to keep the quads out. They are very technical and challenging.

We are planning to ride down there sometime over the winter. Coal creek on Saturday and Redbird on Sunday.

kiddirt

Aug 28, 2010
thx for info.
yeah, i would only want the bike only and very technical stuff.

i'll try and find some locals, thx.

dave

ChrisKring said:
The good stuff at Coal Creek / Windrock is on the North side up by Lake City. I doubt you would find any of the trails without a local guide as they are very well hidden to keep the quads out. They are very technical and challenging.

We are planning to ride down there sometime over the winter. Coal creek on Saturday and Redbird on Sunday.

ChopperDave

It's been awhile...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 1, 2004
Coal Creek is Very technical. Better wear your serious underoo's...

kiddirt

Aug 28, 2010
the more technical the better.
only way to learn it, you have to do it. :nod:
and i do have the bruises to show for it. :nod:

dave

Last edited:

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
if you do plan on going to Coal Creek, you should start searching now for "exhaust pipe dent removal" and possibly "aluminum frame dent removal"

LOL

kiddirt

Aug 28, 2010
well this all sounds great, got me excited to ride it.

of course i heard the same thing about Evart here in mich. and that turned out to be pretty mellow compared to all the stories i heard.

but it's still by far my favorite trail up there now.

thats why you have to go ride them all and see for yourself...

nzambon

Apr 19, 2003
:cool: You come to Marquette the jewel of Mich and I'll show you all the techno you ever wished for! with elevation oh and big rocks....!

kiddirt

Aug 28, 2010
nzambon said:
:cool: You come to Marquette the jewel of Mich and I'll show you all the techno you ever wished for! with elevation oh and big rocks....!

i was just reading about the enduro up there, and got me all excited about your riding up there, it's sound great!

only con is that it's like 12 hrs away.

dave

Top Bottom