scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Anyone heading out to the TWMC outing this weekend?

It'll be my first race on my new ride. Just trying to decide to come out Sat Afternoon. or Sunday AM.

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
See ya there ! I'll probably go out Saturday afternoon to early evening. I'm psyched for it !

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
I'm trying to get Tony into it. Now that he's married it's all home no race etc..... She put the hammer down on him quick. :nener:

He keeps saying awe my bikes not together ....yadda yadda yadda , what does it take about a 1/2 hr to completely assemble a bike...... Just razzzin ya. MR Santero. I'll just keep posting the route sheet in your office :) :cool:

Eel I'll head out Sat Afternoon after our soccer games. I should arrive around 4. See you then. :ride:

Oh yeah, For those of you looking to meet up, I have a completely new set up. Gone are the Red Dodge and KTM300. Look for a Black Expedition and a YZ 250 w the hurricane kit, white and black gear w a new charcoal helmet. I am still running # 28 on the side panels. Its time to break some stuff in.

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
... I'm bound to try and break check you into a rockpile now with all that bragging about your shiny new gear ! See you Saturday man. :)

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
What? No more GP's?

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
Its up in the air for me, *if* I do make it, it will prolly be AM sun.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
scar tissue said:
I'm trying to get Tony into it. Now that he's married it's all home no race etc..... She put the hammer down on him quick. :nener:
QUOTE]

I tried to tell him. :nod: No wait. I forgot to tell him. :whoa:

Damn, I can't remember if I told him or not. :laugh:

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Eel Brake check away.......if you can catch me :nener:

The dealer promised the new stuff would make me faster :coocoo:

Holeshot. I'm mixing and matching between GP's and Enduros. I'm still in the middle of Soccer and Fall Baseball season w my boys and can only make select events until after Thanksgiving. I need to be back by 2:30 for our Baseball game. Plus this is the first race on my new bike. Rather than wring it out in a GP, I'll gt is nice and broken in with a club enduro.

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
Terry, you told me and I wasn't sure why, so I hid all my hammers

PhastPhart

Dec 15, 2000
What's the chance I could beg for a guest ride?

I did the Wicked Bird last year and had a great time. I've got a new (to me) WR250 I want to try out and see if it's going to be my new race bike.

Is it still at Anderson Dry Lake?

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
Hey Greg, no problem on guesting, but it is at Cougar Buttes, before Anderson.

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Greg come on out. What year wr did you get? I had an 01 before my KTM and liked it. However I did like the yz version better as it was quicker and lighter, but that was the first year of production.

See you this weekend.

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
Wicked Bird Route Sheet Attached.

Attachments

• WICKED BIRD 2006 route sheet.txt
    1.4 KB · Views: 135

PhastPhart

Dec 15, 2000
I picked up an 04 (us old guys need a button) WR that already had the 280 kit installed. The kit sems to add some grunt but it is still a little underpowered on the long sand straights. It seems to run good at trail ride speed but I'd like to see what it does at race speed. Hope it doesn't hurt me.

I'll be up Sun morning. Thanks for the invite.

PhastPhart

Dec 15, 2000
OK here's my ride report.

I was able to get up at the leisurely hour of 6am due the 9 o'clock start. I was even able to stop and eat on the way up. I got there just after 8. Went to the riders meeting and found Scar & Eric and parked by them. When I went to sign up, I was put on minute 13 with Eric. Great. Someone to ride with.

Our minute came up and off we went. There were a good selection of tight technical and rocky trails with some flat areas in between to rest. The first loop had some slow speeds so we spent time sitting and waiting to get back on time.

About 3/4 of the way thru the 1st loop, Eric kept looking back. I pulled up behind him and confirmed that his rear tire was no longer holding the air he started with. I pointed out the powerline road just north of us and told him how to get back to camp. I finished the loop myself. There was one steep technical downhill that was a challange and lots of twisty stuff.

Back in the pits Eric was changing his tube out. I helped as long as I could and then took off on Loop 2. I was doing well and zeroing checks. I got to the steep downhill and started down. About halfway down, some one had knocked loose a basket ball sized rock which sat in the middle of the groove that was developing. My front wheel got over but my rear started dragging the rock. I let off the rear brake and squeezed the front to get over and the bike immediatley did a stoppie on the hill going all the way up to the balance point. Luckily it stopped but then the rear end swung around to the right and passed the front end dumping me and the bike in a ravine. I got the bike stood up and bulldogged it down back on the trail. Of course that was when there was a check at the bottom so I missed my minute by 15 seconds.

I got back and both Scar and Eric were packing up, s Scar to caoch baseball and Eric to buy a new haevy duty tube. I rode the last 2 loops with out my enduro coach Eric and had fun. I think I made most of the checks but the results will tell me if I did or not.

I did hear that this was the last Wicked Bird. The guys did a good job picking out some nice seldom used trails with great markings. I got a really cool hat too.

Thanks for letting me guest ride with you guys. Hopefully we can do all the loops together next time. See you a 4 Aces

Gregg

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Greg, it looks like you took 9th out of 15. You picked up a lot of minutes (23) but that's what you get for time keeping with Eric :nener: Just kidding
I took 6th out of 11 in my class with my DNF due to having to leave for my sons baseball game. I had a good ride going till the last check where I came in early on purpose as I new I was leaving. ( I wanted to be first) Having 50% of the guys in my class DNF before me and before he end of loop 2 is quite a shock. There were 18 DNF's over all.
The course had some challageing aspects to it, especially in the twisty rock gardens, but nothing unmakeable. I thought the course was a well laid out an dmarked well. It was a challenge all the way through. It was extremely dusty and I enjoyed the trials aspect of some of it. Alot of the sections were 1 line only so if there was a downed rider your were stuck. Also the checks in the tight sections bottlenecked as the first riders in didn't pull all the way through, which made them hard to zero without pushing and shoving. It was a very fun event, as most of the club events are. The Pot luck on Sat night was good as well.

Quick Bike report.
The YZ was great, handled well. w solid power. It's not quite as torquey as my 300 to lug up tough hills. It took a bit more RPM and clutch but still had plenty on tap. I made it though with zero Bike damage but I need to mount up my GPR before next race. I did break my helmet cam again. The mic came loose and snagged on something to rip it clean off.

Eric's GG 250 looked sweet and seemed to run well. It looks like a keeper.

Greg's WR looked good and started w the button :cool: . the big bore kit should make it one sweet ride.

Last edited:
Top Bottom