Jimbo1

Jan 30, 2002
This forum is looking kinda thin lately. Is anyone planning any trips in the near future? (Preferably something that us mid-state IN guys can participate in)

Jimbo

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
We've already had a ride in mid-state IN. You guys gotta come down here now. ;) We drove 5 hours up to IN, to ride in 35 deg. wet sloppy weather. You hoosiers are just gonna have to toughen up! :debil:

I'm going to try to get a big ride down here at Turkey Bay planned soon. I'm going to be doing some riding in MO next month and in TN in June, so I'm pretty well booked on my out of state rides. I also have finals coming up the second week in May. Let me find out when my finals are and I'll get a ride planned in writing.

Any of you guys know of anywhere to ride around Owensboro or Evansville?

jason

Nov 9, 2000
I ride alot by Spurgeon, In. It is about 30 minutes NW of Evansville. Lots of 2 track and some good single track as long as you know where to find it.
Ky guys will need a IN. offroad permit ($6 for 3 years). Lots of riding and it makes Turkey Bay seem small.

Wanabe

Feb 6, 2001
There is also Lynnville, IN it's a little west of Evansville. It's been a while since i've been there. I've got my last final on May 3rd. and I'll be home on the 4th and ready to ride on the 5th or any day after. My friend and I were planing to go to Livingston on the 5th or the 12th, but we'll see.

Jimbo1

Jan 30, 2002
Hey Jason and Wannabe,

I have no idea where Spurgeon or Lynville are. Next time you guys go, let me know.

Jimbo

jc220

Nov 7, 2001
Hey Wannabe

The parking at lynnville has been closed. Not sure about the riding. We would always park at Spurgeon and ride to Lynnville. Not sure if they have that blocked as well.

Wanabe

Feb 6, 2001
Lynnville was right of interstate 64 at exit 39. it's been a while since ive been there. all those parking racers on quads probably got it closed. I've never been to spurgen but form what I know it's not very far north of Lynnville. There are old coal mines all around that area if you now were to look. My dad used to be a land survayer for a coal mine around Oakland city which is around the same area. You can just pull off to the side of one of the gravel roads down there and park

jc220

Nov 7, 2001
Spurgeon is just a couple of miles north of Lynnville. You are probably right about the parking lot racers. they didn't have much respect for anyone else parked there. Spurgeon has tons of trails. Some really good and some pretty rutted up from quads. You just have to know where to go.

Oct 10, 2000
After this April I be up for a ride anywhere, If some of you Hoosiers or KY guys want to ride StoneyLonesome sometime let me know. Its in Columbus IN and is a private HS park with modern facilities, its pretty rough riding but fun. One bad thing, its not real big only 284 acres or so.

Top Bottom