zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
I'd like to recommend to everyone who has health insurance that they make a copy of their I.D. card & tape it under their visor. Any other info you'd like to add, like emergency contact # (wife at home, etc.) is a good idea too.

For folks that don't have insurance, do yourself a favor & look into temporary health insurance. There are several companies that sell 30 day policies for maybe $30-60 or so (depending on age, etc). And in many cases, the coverage for accidental injuries is quite good. The last thing any of us wants is to hear of a bad DW injury that ends up costing a member a ton of money. John Alden & Fortis are two companies that come to mind. Do a search online & I'm sure you'll be able to find some website that'll enroll you.

For the out-of-staters (majority of us), it's not a bad idea to also call your insurance company ahead of time & get a list of participating docs/hospitals in the area. If you're on a PPO that has a national network, you'll be much better off getting your broken bone set by a participating provider rather than a non-participating provider.

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
To add to this, I keep my blood donor card in my wallet with my blood type listed next to my driver's license. Additionally, while racing/riding it is a good practice to put a small piece of duct tape on your helmet with the info.

Let's pray that none of us have to use it.

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
I keep my info in my fanny pack and I have one of the Engine Ice sticker under my visor with the same info. Like Zio said make sure someone you are traveling with has your emergency information.

Good post Zio. :thumb:

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
This is a very good idea. I thought of it a few weeks back and typed up all the info required in the case of a catastrophic injury.

I keep my card in my wallet, and a complete page of contacts and info in my truck at all times.

Top Bottom