RMZRyder

Dec 1, 2006
I went riding today and bit it hard over 30ft double, I tried to make it into a 50 footer :bang: Any way I got to put my equipment to the test and found out what other gear I need, wrist braces, knee braces, they are so expensive though. I have read that my health insurance might pay for them. Does anyone know what the process in getting this done is. If you are hitting fairly large doubles and triples, I belive those two pices of protective gear are impairitive. (even more so when you weigh 225lbs and land that flat and hard) No broken bones but my bike's gonna need some time and money.

RMZRyder

Dec 1, 2006
It, I guess your refereing to my bike, I broke my handle bar clamps, smashed my left side radiator, bent my clutch lever, thats it on my bike, to me I bruised my hip bone, sprained my right wrist, road rash on my left arm in two spots(occurred through my jersey????) road rash on my left knee, bruised one toe through my boots???, strained both of my ancles, cracked my helmet, the helmet probably saved my life, probably need a new one after that, it hit the ground hard 3 times hard, knocked the breath out of me , bruised my ribs and my ego, other than that I am ok, the best thing is that I made it through that and 4 hours later I cant wait until I feel better so I can go hit it again. Do not let crap like this discourage you, get it over with, don't go try to wreck but don't be scared to push it. The best thing about the wreck is that I realized that I can handle a good one, it gave me more confidence if anything. This stuff was like cement that I crashed on. :)

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
RMZRyder said:
cracked my helmet, the helmet probably saved my life, probably need a new one after that, it hit the ground hard 3 times hard

I would say there is no probably about it. The helmet did it's job, now replace it before the next time it's not capable of protecting you properly.

thebleakness

Sep 19, 2006
I endoed over a 4 foot ledge today that I didnt see. I landed my knees on some rocks and my head slammed into some other rocks. The bike proceeded to then land on me. I managed to crack one knee pad and I have some seriously sore/bruised knees right now. It took me a few miles to get back to a decent pace and regain some of the movement out of my knees again. I'm definatly going to get some really good knee braces/pads now.

I saw a thread the other day where someone had posted a link to a magazine review of 10(?) different pads. I think they also explained how to get insurance to pay for the ones that apply.

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
This one time, I ate dirt... I was hill climbing on a very silty hill. I fell away from the hill and kept sliding on my stomach after I hit the ground. Everything happened so fast I didn't have time to close my mouth. Next time I'll tell you about the time I got dirt in my underwear. It was very uncomfortable.

RMZRyder

Dec 1, 2006
Cool, I'll try to find it, I guess I could just call my doctor also. Sorry to hear about your wreck bleakness. Sounds like you would have had a couple of broken knee caps if you didnt have your knee pads on. Ride on and God bless :)

MX86

Dec 27, 2006
it has been my experience over te years that your feet and legs cusion the blow a lot better then your head ;)

loudandproud

Jul 29, 2006
thebleakness said:
I endoed over a 4 foot ledge today that I didnt see. I landed my knees on some rocks and my head slammed into some other rocks. The bike proceeded to then land on me. I managed to crack one knee pad and I have some seriously sore/bruised knees right now. It took me a few miles to get back to a decent pace and regain some of the movement out of my knees again. I'm definatly going to get some really good knee braces/pads now.

I saw a thread the other day where someone had posted a link to a magazine review of 10(?) different pads. I think they also explained how to get insurance to pay for the ones that apply.

I DID THAT !!!!! :nod:

But i did with a brand new front fender which now sit in my garage to remind never to follow your friends to closely. :bang:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom