acesnkush

Apr 29, 2006
Has anyone bled the front brakes of a yz250 before? I wanna ride this weekend and my manual isnt coming in till tuesday so I was gonna try it myself. My brakes are extremely mushy, after pressing as hard as I can down it still wont full stop. Is bleeding the brakes the only problem or do I have to replace it. Is it a pain in the ass to do, I have never dont it before.

Mophuka

Jan 14, 2006
you could have air in the line. that could cause the mushy brake.. I don't know what your brake system looks like, but do a google search and you might be able to find something...

Mophuka

Jan 14, 2006
looks like you have a speed bleeder on the brake caliper. It should have a black rubber dust cover on it located near where the brake line bolts to the caliper. i would empty out the front brake resivour of the old fluid and replace with new fluid. I think the speed bleeder is a 8mm nut. loosen that and squeeze the brake lever at the same time. oil will come out of that fitting, so you will need something to catch the oil when it comes out, a rag or paper towel will work just fine. when the lever is fully hitting the bar tighten the nut back up Then let go of the lever. This will be alot easier with two people. As the resivour empties out you will need to add fresh fluid. make sure that the resivour does not become empty. this will cause more air to get in the line and you will need to redo the whole process... should take about 10 minutes to get this done..

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom