red 450

Oct 27, 2001
Now that I have a auto clutch in my CRF I want to remove the rear brake lever and master cylinder and put a hydraulic unit where the clutch lever was. I tried a brake system off a 2002 Artic Cat snowmobile but it wouldn't stop the bike I guess the master cylinder piston isn't large enough. I have the stainless braided line in place so I'm looking for a left hand lever operated master cylinder that uses brake fluid not mineral oil. Any ideas? I have heard that Magura makes one but have been unable to find anyone that sells it. Thanks.

jmics19067

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
just a thought but is there any way to find out if the seals in a hydraulic clutch master cylinder can handle brake fluid? Or if the seals from a brake master cylinder will fit into a clutch master cylinder?

Dennis Kirk sells Magura controls maybe check out there web site to see if they have what you need.

Also a little food for thought ,although I dont know anything about them. There is a motorcycle<?> franchise called Boss Hogs I think that they wedge a 350 chevy engine into a custom frame. Now I did have a quick look at one and it seemed that it had a power booster for the clutch. A cable operated lever that went to a diaghragm that operated linkage for the clutch. Whether or not space and practicality limits the idea of it operating a remote brake master cylinder is possible, might be something to give a quick look at.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom