K-dogg

Jul 20, 2001
I need some advice I have been saving my money for a while and I am looking to buy a new motorcycle with cash. The bike in question is a CRF450 with a MSRP of $6299, crate fee $500, and 8% tax $504. That's a grand total of $7304. I want to pay the least possible. How do I go about achieving this? I am paying cash, so I figure I've got some bargaining power. Anyone with new 2002 Honda dirt bike in California have any suggestions? Thank you for your help.:cool:

jly51

Mar 5, 2001
Run doggy run

Doggy if i were you i would go out of state.The local honda dealer here is selling them when avaible for 5695.00 plus local 25.00 tax,out of state buyers are out the door for that.You could buy on and have it shipped and save a lot of money. That 500.00 setup fee is a total ripoff.Email me and i will give you the address & phone#.Good luck

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
Shiping fees should be around $300 or $400 on the high side. I think I remeber a few posts a while back on it. I would do a search on it and maybe you will find something. I was a long time ago so it might be erased. I think going out of state would be a better deal. It might be a lot more hassle, but for the money that you would save if you could get that kind of price would be worth it.

BoneBuster

Apr 22, 2001
I think people are paying around $100 for shipping with this company at http://www.forwardair.com/

Conerning the setup fee being a ripoff. I agree with that, because when I bought my 01 CR250, the dealer was trying to get rid of the last few that they had left in stock, to get ready for the 02 model, and was advertising it as $4895 + tax and registration fee, stating no setup or freight. Then when I tried to chew his price down a little, the owner said that he is not going to take a lost. If that's the case, since he's willing not to charge setup and freight and still not take a lost, then I guess that those two charges are probably just some bogus charges to rack up the total sales.

Top Bottom