Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
It's already north of Glen Helen, but it's on it's way towards Wrightwood

I hear the Laguna area is burning also

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
I'm sitting here at the computer choking on the smoke as I type. Seems a second fire started in Phelan a couple hours ago!

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Very ugly again. My house is right next to the 15 in Fontana. There were trucks parked on the freeway all night. My sister was heading up to the desert but couldnt get through. She said the traffic at 15 and Sierra was crazy. People going the wrong way and no traffic control at all.

That area really needs a break.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I heard the Laguna fire came in through the back door! :think:

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
I drove up Cajon after work today. It's a very sad sight up there. Both sides of the freeway are now blackened. I could still see the fire burning to the west.

One cool thing I did see was the helicopters pilots filling their tanks. They had a small pool set up at the Texaco on the corner of 15 & 138. My son and I got to watch as the copters would come in and hover 20-30 feet over this pool. As they would take off they would drop a little shower on the road. Then in less than 30 seconds the next guys was in filling his tanks. The precision these guys or gals fly with is awesome. They deserve some major mojo.

Jeff

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
From what I could see it doesnt look like it found the ridges yet. It appears to be running on the south side of 138 towards the 2

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom