holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
The day started off looking a little windy, but the wind died down just in time for our ride. We were a little lost for awhile but eventually made it to Randsburg by riding through a hilly/mountainous area that had a few technical, rocky climbs. I was surprised that I made it through. :yikes:
Then there was the sandbowl near Randsburg. :cool:

My odo indicated that we had gone 27 miles, so it was a choice between heading back to camp or begging some oil from Dante (and gassing up at Johannesburg). I chose to head back, thinking that my trusty GPS would lead the way.

However, the GPS couldn't tell me about closed trails and fenced off areas. All seemed to be going well until I ran into a closed trail and decided to go right (wrong decision). I came across more fenced areas, a dry lake, the Desert Tortoise fenced off area and a 12 foot high fence that must have been protecting something top secret. As a result, I was actually getting further from camp, but I was riding at 1/4 throttle all the way back, so I was able to make the 64 mile (total) trip with about a cup left.

With all the trouble they went through to save the tortoise, they could put a sign up indicating the shortest way back to Mojave Rd from the closed trail (and maybe saved a few humans).

All in all, it was a great time. Good thing we didn't have the ride on Sunday......... :eek:

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
Jimbokdx said:
Oh boy... did you guys miss it!! We saw a UFO.... and there were naked women running through the desert... and there was a money tree sprouting $100 bills.... and our bikes learned to fly....

Dang, that always seems to happen on the rides I miss.

another time I guess. My 2s will make about 80 miles of trail without refuel, more than me :)

Would have been snow tires on Sunday, huh? ;)

KX2fitty

Mar 30, 2004
Damn, I missed the joshua with c-notes but I did come across a yucca sprouting nickels. I like Jimmy's tree better. The bikes really didn't fly, that was just the red bull-jeager shots we did before we left. Oh and the girls, they actually were sheep. Damn beer goggles.

It was great meeting Jimbo, Dante, Holeshot and seeing Chris too. Jimbo, I'm definitely up for alot of Mojave action, I know you are usually good to go so let's get some threads going for Spangler, Red Rock, Jawbone, Randsburg area day rides.

Chris and Dante, let's get our mountain fix and make a Los Padres run soon as planned. Also we need to hit Ocotillo and make that ride down to Superstition.

I'm getting a Peterbuilt 300 gallon tank put on my bike. IMS makes a killer application kit.

Top Bottom