MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Okay guys is there any campground around here that offers canoeing nearby and trail riding? A bunch of our non bike riding friends want to go camping in three weeks. No one knows where to go that is decent. Also, Phil and I will get annoyed by them after the first day or so. So, it would be nice to hop on our bikes and cruise the trails for awhile. They do want to canoe or tube though, so if that was offered nearby that would be great too.

I found a few campgrounds, but I'm not familiar with all of the trails. I only know the ones in Twin Lake and White Cloud, oh and some up by or near Hart.

Any help would be great!

-Tracie

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Another one is the National Campground at Bowman Bridge west of Baldwin. It's on the Pere Marquette river and is a major stopping area for the local canoe liveries. They can pick you up there, plop you in the river in a canoe, and you can finish right at the campground.

Right across the street is the Big O loop. Just a few miles up is the lot for Little O, Manistee and Lincoln Hills.

$12/nigt, no power, water is there but you have to haul it. Paved sights, or tent sites also. There are also large group sites.

My wife and I go here often, it's not used much.

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
fatherandson said:
Ranch Rudolph in Traverse City is another option.

Excellent choice.

Pines Point near Hesperia is nice too............right on the White River. The trip from Hesperia down to Pines Point is one of the most under-rated stretches of river in the state. You are also close to the Horseshoe Lake trail system too. Kellog's in Hesperia rents canoes and kayaks. Plus, Taylor Bridge Store is half way through the four hour trip. It is always nice to stop for a pizza and some beer half way through your canoe/kayak trip. My kids get such a kick out of eating pizza while floating the river in their kayaks. :cool:

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Yep what Mwiessen and badgerman said. Those are the 2 I was thinking of. I was just at Bowman bridge campground. Very nice. And quiet.

Wolf Child

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 30, 2005
While on the subject of camping in MI. is there any place that lets you camp on/near the beach and have a fire. my mom used to do it as a kid and is coming up over labor day and wanted me to look into it. but I havent a clue where to begin looking.

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
trails hillclimbs supercross style track, intermediate track kiddie track orv trails you can ride to since the county passed an ordinaance to ride the roads freestyle ramp it is my dirtbike nirvana :) ...............oh yeah look at the attractions and their is canoeing minutes away and the calendar of events says their is an organized canoeing thing on the 8-13-05 :nod:

http://www.ogemawtrails.com/

here is some of my helmetcam footage, if the download speed is slow try another time of day :nod:

http://www.my5minutes.com/displaymedia.php?pos=-19669

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Wolf Child said:
While on the subject of camping in MI. is there any place that lets you camp on/near the beach and have a fire. my mom used to do it as a kid and is coming up over labor day and wanted me to look into it. but I havent a clue where to begin looking.

On Lake Superior a few miles east of Grand Marais is a State Campground where you can. Very nice place!!!

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
I really need to get our friends on bikes. All they like to play with is their turbo cars. I'll show these to Phil, then to the group. All sound like they are good places.

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
Lake Margethe west of grayling on M72 has a nice state forest camp ground with camp sites right on the lake.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom