Speedy

Nov 12, 2001
I need a rear rim and was gonna get a 19" instead of a 18" on my 96 KDX 200. What are the advantages and the dis-advantages with this??? 19" should fit just fine right???? Do i have to buy new spokes and a tire?? What do you guys think????? Thanx everybody,,, -Speedy

jaguar

~SPONSOR~
Jul 29, 2000
South America
advantages: less tire flex in corners, it isn't hard to ride it flat back to the house
disadvantages: less tire suspension, it's easier to pinch the inner tube, less tires to chose from (although one of the best tires in the world is available for it, the Dunlop D739), it's harder to work in/out a tire bead lock when working on it.
I think Freddette or MXSouth can fix you up with the right spokes, nipples, and inner tube

Robcolo

Jan 28, 2002
Where we ride -- rocky Utah desert terrain -- we won't even ride with a guy if he has a 19" on the rear. The last ride with one of them resulted in the CR rider getting 3 rim cuts resulting in 3 separate flats. As long as you're never going to be more than a couple hundred yards from your support vehicle, the 19 is a good way to go.

Dazza

Jan 1, 2002
I'm with Robcolo.I run a 19" as it came factory with it.I hate it and can't
find a 18" anywhere.The amount of pinched tubes you get in the rocky tree root terain is stupid.I reckon it won't be long before rim damage will occur.

Top Bottom