Can someone possibly help me identify this bike? Bombardier engine

TimberPig

Jan 19, 2006
Rotax and Bombardier are separate companies. The motors Bombardier uses are designed and built by Rotax, and have been for many years. The Bombardier badging on the motor means nothing about who designed and built it, they were all built by Rotax. Bombardier simply put their name onto the Rotax motors.

You aren't hallucinating. Bombardier Recreational Products, that manufactures snowmobiles, quads and Sea Doo's, recently sold, and decided to rename their quad line as Can Am's.

chicoman

Uhhh...
Nov 14, 2006
What you have there is a 1977 qualifier 250 with a 74mm bore. This was a very good engine. The kickstarts were weak so keep an eye on it.
By the way, Bombardier owns Rotax.

kingbrian

Jul 20, 2006
is it just me or was there no shifter or kicker on that beast? and what appeared to be the shaft, looked pretty tore up... i dunno its late..

VenomRS4

Jan 12, 2007
Yes, the shifter was broken. Anywy, the kid decided to keep the bike so he could rip it appart and put the engine into a mini bike. Kinda pisses me off but what ya gonna do. Im might just pick up a 73' Kawasaki F7 instead.

Mar 4, 2007
I've got a Can-Am 250 Qualifier, we used it for trail riding.(It was the only thing that would keep up with my TS 400 Suzuki. I've heard in the dirt track community that those bikes can be untouchable with a different rotary valve and a few other mods (just to give you an idea the AHRMA Flattrack division made a special class for those bikes) I know when I ran my 79 RM400N no Can-Am could touch it, but the only thing that could was a YZ400 that a friend of mine built. I would be afraid to run it, if its a complete bike and runs good. It's nice to see the oddities on the track win or lose, exspecially if you're racing vintage (Part of vintage racing IS presentation).

VenomRS4

Jan 12, 2007
Its back up for sale again! The kid never tore it appart. But I guess he did clean it up a bit. He's asking $100. Should I pick it up or is it not worth it?

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom