Mar 26, 2001
Ok heres the story, for the past 4 months i have been rebuilding my 2.5 hp minibike engine. Yesterday, i totally finished, and everything was done right, no shortcuts. The engine started up fine in school, so i brought it home today. I threw it in the frame, and it started first pull. But when u go to give it some gas, the thing dies. After a playin with the jets alittle, i got it to run. It didn't run perfectly so i played around with the jets a little more, and now i can't find the correct position. When u pull it, it fires and dies within a second. So can anyone help me out? remember its a 2.5 hp techumsen engine.

thanks

also, i had a manual but its in school

Last edited:

MCMAN56

Sep 5, 2000
A lack of gas would produce such a condition. It has enough to start but not to keep running. It would also explain the previous stalling when opening the throttle. I'm not familiar with the carbs on those engines but would suggest checking the float height and cleaning all passages in the carb. Make sure you have fresh fuel with no water in it. Droplets of water cna get caught in a jet and cause probelms.

Top Bottom