Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
No, we aren't cooking the DRN'er Chili ...

It was Great last year, are we going to do it again? Who's intersted in cookin' up a batch?

Someone remind me, what did the winner make last year? $80 ?

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
VD! You gotta bring the coveted "port-a-trophy" home! :aj:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Chili said:
Whew!! :yikes:
Yeah there's not enough "Chili" to make enough Chili to go around anymore. ;)

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
I think I have perfected my Chili Verde Especiale enough to give VD a run for his money this year. I guess free Corona's with every vote wasn't enough!

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Did someone say chili? :nod:

The DW03 payouts were $100, $80, $60, $40, $20 to the top 5 chilis. I think the DW04 payouts were around $100, $80, $60, $40, $30, $20, $10 to the top 7.

If we get enough interest again, probably do the same drill as last year:

Chili Cookers:
Anyone can sign up as a "chili cooker". Cook a large pot of chili for everyone to try and the "tasters" will vote on their favorite three chilis. All eating money will be paid out 100%. Cookers will also get to sample all of the chilis before the "tasters" attack.

Chili Tasters/Eaters:
Tasting bowls will be sold for $4 a bowl. You will get a bowl, spoon, and ballot. Then you're free to go through and sample all of the chilis, vote for your favorite three, and eat until it's all gone!

:cool:

mdkuder

Who me?
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 4, 2001
It'll be tough, but sign me up. Now I need something to cook it on, hey, I've been wanting one of those turkey fryers/chili cookers.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Mmmmmmmmmm chiliiiiiiiiiii! Had a great time with the Chili cook-off last year, and Rooster's Regulator Chili!

He didn't get first place...I guess me selling tickets telling everyone "Vote for Rooster" wasn't enough ;)

ChopperDave

It's been awhile...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 1, 2004
How many folks will be cooking this year. I would sign-up, but if there 50 people already cooking I'd rather EAT!!!

My wife may need an alternate tent to sleep in that night! :ohmy:

:uh:

:debil:

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Man I think I ate like 5 bowls of Roosta's chili after the poker run.... perfect amount of spice! Good stuff!

Dave - there are usually around 10 cookers, and the cookers get the added benefit to eat all of the chilis before the eaters are turned loose. :cool:

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Rooster's chili is very unique...In the winter time I try to get him to make it for me every weekend!

Nikki - didn't Beef and I get to eat for free and before the tasters last year for volunteering to sell tickets and hand out ballots?

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Yep Squeaks - the helpers eat for free and before the crowd too. As DW gets closer, I'll round up a few helpers for this year.

:nod:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
The Heartland Spodes first night chili didn't get entered into any contest but there wasn't enough left for even a "spider" to eat.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
BSWIFT said:
The Heartland Spodes first night chili didn't get entered into any contest but there wasn't enough left for even a "spider" to eat.
Obviously you have never watched SPIDER eat :yikes: He could finish all the entries as a snack

Top Bottom