HySpeed125

Damn Yankees
Mar 14, 2005
Let me start off by saying, that I did a search and didn't find anything. I have to replace the clutch cable on my CR125, it seems easy enough plus I have a repair manual. I have two questions about this job though, can I reuse the flywheel cover gasket? Also, will the gear box oil spill out when I take of the flywheel cover? Its pretty obvious that I am new at this, so any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated.

darringer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 2, 2001
You should be able to re-use the gasket. Just be careful when removing the ignition cover. No, there is no gear oil there. It should be nice and dry. While you are in there, grab the flywheel with your hand and try to move it in-and-out, and also up-and-down. A slight bit of movement in-and-out is ok. If there is ANY up-and-down play in the flywheel, the main bearings are worn and need to be replaced.

HySpeed125

Damn Yankees
Mar 14, 2005
Thank you for the flywheel tip, I'll get that a try. One more question though, it also says in the manual to remove the gas tank. Is that really necessary, or can I work around it?

Top Bottom