handleme46

Apr 11, 2003
After i finally got my bike jetted to be just about perfect and stopped fowling plugs, i realized that my clutch started slipping when in the power band. At first i thought the problem could at least be prolonged if i changed the oil which was a little overdue, but after the oil change it was still slipping quite a bit. So i inspected the clutch plates and found that the steel plates were in spec but that i needed new fiber plates. After installing the new ones i was disappointed to find the clutch feeling a bit tighter on take off, but still slipping when in the powerband. I was wondering what the symtoms are when the clutch basket becomes too notched because mine has developed pretty good notches but i thought that when the notches get too deep it makes it so the clutch doesnt fully disengage, not so that it slips while in the powerband. any ideas on what else may be the reason my clutch still slips?? :ugg:

Red Rider 53

~SPONSOR~
Jan 16, 2003
I would replace all of the clutch components, especially the friction plates. If the problem continues to be a problem you might want to check out the transmission.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom