Toothmech

Oct 21, 2004
Hi, I am thinking about replacing the clutch in my 97 CR250, mainly because I can't seem to ever get it properly adjusted. When I adjust it at the lever, if I get it adjusted so the clutch doesn't drag when the lever is pulled in, it won't engage fully when released. It doesn't ever feel like it is slipping, but since I bought the bike, I haven't changed it. Anyone have any opinions on which clutch brand to buy? I ride mostly woods/ dunes, not much racing or MX yet. Do I need to pay the $100 for an EBC kevlar kit, or will one of the Tusk ones from Rocky Mountain Cycle work for my needs? Or am I just wasting my money by tryin' to get out cheap :bang: ? Anyways, if anyone has any opinions on this subject, I'd love to hear em'- THanks

darringer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 2, 2001
I prefer the stock Honda stuff. I would replace the aluminum discs and run all steel. They add a little flywheel effect and don't contaminate the tranny oil like the aluminum. Check your clutch basket and inner hub for grooves. Small grooves can be draw filed. Measure the friction discs. They may still be alright.When adjusted right, the cable should have just enough slack to insert a nickel between the perch and lever.

Top Bottom