SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
I'm having trouble crossing logs on trails. Last fall I broke my hand on a log, and I just don't have the confidence. I basically panic when I come to a log across a trail. Is it best to find a part that not many bikes have been over so there's still bark to get traction? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

CRguyStan

Dec 10, 2001
My method is to stand up, lean back, and bring the front up up quickly to get the front wheel over. From ther I lean forward and use my momentum along with a little throttle. This generally works well, but those naked logs, especially wet can get a little slippery.
Stan

jmics19067

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
what I do is try to cross the log at a 90 degree angle first of all. If the log is small 6-8" I lift the front wheel over it and then let momentum coast the rear wheel over. If the log is medium12- 14 " I have a real ugly probably incorrect way of doing things I appproach it slow carry a sit down wheelie and set the front wheel on the top of the log, as the front wheel is rolling off I place both of my feet on the log quickly stand up and help push the bike over. Big logs I look for a way around .

Top Bottom