fatcat216

"Don't Worry Sister"
~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2007
It is a teeny belated but: Congratulations on your college graduation Tolle.

No pics or adventurous stories from the ceremony? Am I mistaken about this event??

Edit: hmmm. I'm a week early. That must be a first.

justalonewolf'Tolle'007 said:
I have a cape. Bow in jealousy to my diminutive awesomeness!!! :worship: :worship:

Seriously, May 17th will be my college graduation.

Due to politics, the school is not letting me walk across the stage.

So I decided to race that day instead.

With any luck, I will wear the cape and do an honerary finishline jump as symbolism of the stage crossing. It's just too bad I don't have the "superman button" on my CR. I can only manage to find that one by accident.

So- there ya go. Early congrats, and good luck at the race! :cool:
dd

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2007
Thanks :) I cannot wait to be done with this first part of my education!

I'm a Multi-U student which basically = I'm taking classes from three colleges at the same time.

My "home" college is four hours away from where I live, in Duluth MN, and due to lack of communications between departments, I was missed in some paperwork and lists. I also missed turning in some paperwork.

My advisor is also pretty much incommunicado as well. So I am still a little left in the dark in certain situations.

When I asked for my commencment tickets...I received a bewildered "we did not receive your attendence questionnaire. We assumed you were not attending. If you wish to correct your error, please fill out (three huge pieces of paperwork), and submit three letters of explanation to the head of the department, dean, and (someone else I can't exactly remember atm). "

At that point, I just said "screw it" and decided to do something that'd mean more to me. I opted to attend a race instead of the ceremony.

I have never personally met anyone at that college, and really, no one else would know me there.

I would drive for 4 hours, spend 80 bucks for a hotel room, fight traffic to get somewhere I am not familiar with, sit for 2.5 hours in an extremely crowded room (I have a rather bad problem with lots of people in close quarters...). Walk across a stage and shake some strangers hand, with no one knowing who on earth I was. Then drive 4 hours back home.

Instead, I will drive 30 minutes with my faithful little CR in tow, spend at most 35 dollars, and hang out with the coolest and funnest people I know. I will have my own space, and I will be doing what I love best!

Racing!

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
My graduation was held outside, which provided the opportunity to be wearing black while sitting for hours in the hot sun.

It's all for your parents sake anyway. If your parents would throw you a big graduation party, give you a new car, have all the guests give you money or gifts then it would be worth walking. It might also be worth walking so that mom doesn't bitch about it at every family gathering for the next 20 years. Otherwise, I would choose racing too!

Congratulations!

Rod

Apr 30, 2007
Funny, I didn't get to walk for my HS graduation either.

This was also due to politics having to do with the fact that I am/was originally a home schooler.

I swam for a public school, (and ended up giving some pretty good publication, results, and records for that school) so the district I had an agreement with, wouldn't let me walk there.

Then, because of other politics involving my doing full time credits at the local college that doubled as high school credits, the school I swam for wouldn't let me walk with them either.

We fought them for a while, then decided to just have a reception instead.

I figure I have two more tries (one for masters degree, and one for Ph.D.) to walk. :nod:

Top Bottom