M

mom

Hey guys. what up. i'm a single mom and my son just got a new dirt bike. can you tell me if there are any organizations or places to ride, coaching, etc. in Amarillo TX? Holla back.

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Hi and welocme to DRN, its a slow week for posts beacuse most of the regulers are in Oaklahoma for a get riding together. There are quite a feew people from Texas so they should be able to help. Did you speak to the loacal motorcycle dealership, they are usually good people and will know were to go.

Oh and very cool getting you son a dirt bike, don't forget to get one yourself :yeehaw:

Try this link "click on the address below"
http://www.motocrosstracks.net/trackdb/browse.php?stateselected=tx

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
We have a member named BunduBasher that lives in Amarillo. His son Jonathan rides bikes with us as well. He can probably help you a bunch. I will make sure he knows about this thread.

BTW - Chck out the Women's Forum for lot's of great threads about being the parent of a rider. They also have a great article about how to select a bike for you as well. ;)

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Yeah, Amarillo is where its at ... (whatever it is !) :) Welcome

Jonathan is 10 and rides a KLX110 - We ride a lot at the Canadian River, and make the occasional trip to Lake McKenzie. Another good place to ride is Lake McClellan (sp).

Lake McKenzie has hookups and ablutions for camping, and has some great trails - our annual fall spodefest needs to be planned still - this is a weekend of riding and camping at Lake McKenzie - great for beginners and experienced riders.

People, give me a date !?

mom, if you want to email me, you can get me at agdennill [at] rocketmail.com - Jonathan is keen to get out riding again soon. :ride:

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
I am not sure about the tracks in your area as I haven't lived around there in some time, but Bundubasher mentioned some good riding areas. As for clubs, check out the West Texas Boondockers --->C L I C K H E R E<---. They are based out of Lubbock, but have a riding area leased in Matador, TX not too far east of you. :cool:

Top Bottom