cr 250, hairscramble conversions

syn_01

Jul 13, 2004
I've got a 94 cr 250 rite now, parts include, WER steering stabilizer, Pro action suspension, Wrenthal bars, Wiseco piston, fmf gnarly pipe, fmf shorty exhaust. Its a great trail bike, pretty much the both of best worlds as far as iam concerned. Just curious, any of you running cr 250s as enduro/hairscramble/trail bikes, any recomendations? Whats on your bikes?

KnoxKDX

Jan 29, 2003
'01 CR250R: 3.1 gal clarke tank, 10 oz fww, pro tapers, scott shark fin, factory connection suspension, excel rims, fmf fatty with shorty silencer, cycra busters, hinson clutch, ims pro series pegs, stainless spline drive spokes, heavy skid plate, boyessen big volume resonance chamber cover, maxxis IT's fr and rr...you guessed it...it's an awsome hare scrambler!!!

blanc

Dec 18, 2002
I used the 12oz fww on my 94 and it made a huge difference.........smooth almost stallproof power.Put it this way i struggled so bad at my first hares that i considered selling the bike.With the fww it was amazingly quicker to ride finding grip without too much wheelspin.

RBSOB

Jun 24, 2004
fww?

OK, what is 10 or 12 oz. fww and would it help make my sons yz 125 more tractable for off roading? We are new to modern 2 strokes. Thanks guys.

KnoxKDX

Jan 29, 2003
fww=flywheel weight. And actually, flywheel weights make an even bigger difference on small bores. I can barely tell the difference in the 10oz and nothing at all on my 250.

Top Bottom