CR85 with a 4 stroke engine in it.

Musketman

Apr 17, 2007
I am wondering if you could fit any kind of 4 stroke engine into an 04 cr85 expert frame. I have my eye on a cheapo Lifan 200cc engine, and am wondering if it would fit. I would like to know if there is any other 4 stroke engines, 150cc or above that would fit besides the lifan(if the lifan fits) too. Id think it would be alot bigger than what I have room for. Also, is there any pictures of other 85's with 4 stroke engines in them that have stock frames? I've seen the BBR bikes, but I dont want to buy a new $3,000 aluminum frame. That's rediculous.

Any help would be appreciated.

Musketman

Apr 17, 2007
It wouldn't be slower at all. That has to do with the gearing, and the sprockets. It wouldn't be as powerfull, but I dont care. I just want a light, fun 4 stroke that isn't to bad on gas. The maintenance is basicly nothing on those little 4 strokers compared to an 85cc 2 stroke.

CRazy250

May 28, 2006
a 2 stroke bike is usually lighter than 4 strokes, thats why all freestyle mx'rs use only 2 strokes.your worried about gas milage ?? your opting performance and power for saving yourself some spare change???? in my opinion i would not hack up a bike to make it slower.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
maybe he's wanting to hack it up to make it more fun to ride.

Rather than having to keep the sucker wound to the nuts to stay in the meat of the powerband he can have a small, relatively nimble machine with more low end grunt.

That's why I'm doing this: Building the Perfect Beast

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
XRpredator said:
maybe he's wanting to hack it up to make it more fun to ride.

Rather than having to keep the sucker wound to the nuts to stay in the meat of the powerband he can have a small, relatively nimble machine with more low end grunt.

That's why I'm doing this: Building the Perfect Beast

And I thought you were doing just cause you're out of your mind.... :whoa:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom