2stroke

Nov 7, 2001
I was at a party last week, and a guy there was leaving...I heard someone say something about a V8 bike....Ive heard of them, but never saw one....
He cranked it up and it sounded evil.

It had a 502 big block for gods sake! He did a rolling blue smoke burn out for as far as we could follow...the rear end was skating back and forth the whole time.

Someone there told me he could be rolling at 150, back the throttle off and hit it again and break the rear wheel loose.

nearly 600 hp. Thats just too much man. Can you imagine sitting next to a Hayabusa at a light? :p

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
if there is one curve in the road my moneys on the busa

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
2stroke said:
Oh for sure! This thing was a tank! :)

shwartzenegger should ride one in his next movie :nod:

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
dales298 said:
Its called a Boss Hogg.

Dale
Close, Boss Hoss, they come in a 350 and 502ci variety. The motors are Chevy. They are also equipped with a 2spd powerglide transmission. These are probably the ugliest cool bikes on the planet, and the big block versions weigh in at over 1000 pounds. They're custom made in Tennessee. If I remember correctly the retail is in the 35-45g range.
http://www.bosshoss.com
There are also a couple other companies that produce V8 powered bikes, one of which uses the old Ford flathead, but I can't remember any of their names.

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
dales298 said:
Its called a Boss Hogg.

Dale

Gotta be a Dukes of Hazzard fan. LOL

jsned

~SPONSOR~
May 17, 2000
Just got to Demo ride one of those suckers over in Dyer Indiana a couple months ago. (the small 350 version) :cool:

I tell you what, when you hit the starter button and that engine torque whips the bike to the right you get real serious quick.

Other than it is real wide and hard to get your legs around that engine, IT AINT BAD!!!! No shifting, no clutch, so it is easy to get use to.

I was suprised how well (notice I didnt say good) it handled. I was on my dads Gold Wing that day and can say getting them off the kickstand is pretty equal. once moving the only thing that hampered the hadling was the squared off car tire that comes on them from the factory. The dealer told me if you take that off and put one of the new fat tires for choppers on there it makes a huge difference when you go to lean it into a corner. that was the only time it felt weird was when you went from straight up to lean over.

Out on the open road it was real nice. If you ever get a chance take one for a ride.

Reesknight

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2002
Is this it?

Attachments

• bosshoss.jpg
    bosshoss.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 111

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Wow, nice lines... :think: I bet it's like straddling a washing machine.

D Lafleur

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 11, 2001
yz_rider_30 said:
Have u guys ever seen a jet engined street bike called a y2k? Its bad.

Built just down the road from me, the same guys also build turbine powered boats, cars, and trucks. Jay Leno has one, I watched the "magazine guy" test one at the local airport. His statement, " it just kept accelerating, the world was getting blurry, and I was feeling like the engine was sucking the breath out of my body."

Lots of expendable cash required to play in that world.

Krabill

May 10, 2006
2stroke said:
nearly 600 hp. Thats just too much man. Can you imagine sitting next to a Hayabusa at a light? :p

The owners of Boss Hoss invited a ZX-12 over for some friendly competition one day just to see how it would do. They raced all day long doing everything from a dead stop, to low-speed roll-ons, to high-speed roll-ons and every single time, the ZX came out ahead without exception. The BH is just too heavy.

ls1cameric

Feb 23, 2006
dales298 said:
Its called a Boss Hogg.

Dale

Boss hoss... And there are several companies that make them now too I believe.

At the ROT rally every year you see a few of them. Theres a couple of buddies here that own a 350 and 502 version and yeah they are bad ass and have wicked strait line acceleration but can you imagine trying to throw that thing around? Thats an 800-900lb bike for christ sake! :ohmy:

ls1cameric

Feb 23, 2006
FruDaddy said:
Close, Boss Hoss, they come in a 350 and 502ci variety. The motors are Chevy. They are also equipped with a 2spd powerglide transmission. These are probably the ugliest cool bikes on the planet, and the big block versions weigh in at over 1000 pounds. They're custom made in Tennessee. If I remember correctly the retail is in the 35-45g range.
http://www.bosshoss.com
There are also a couple other companies that produce V8 powered bikes, one of which uses the old Ford flathead, but I can't remember any of their names.

<--- Should have kept reading before posting! lol... ;)

Top Bottom