jarredtaylor

Jan 6, 2000
Apparently there's a cough in hot weather riding on the CRF's. It made sense to me afer reading an interview with Mike LaRocco in an MX magazine. (Can't recall which one). Basically if you look at the CRF fuel line from gas tank to carb, there's double insulation on it, and its darn close to the head. The head gets hot, heats the fuel going into the carb and causes a cough (Vapor lock??). (according to Larocco it was landing of off jumps). He noted that Honda fixed the problem with new gas.. but upon examing the pics of the works bike he rode, they re routed the fuel line on the OTHER SIDE of the fuel line hanger bracket, and wrapped it in insulation. I forsee this possibly becoming an issue come springtime and summertime next year.. so hopefully they will have a hop up or carbon fiber re route and heat shield kit for it.

I dont know if any of you other CRF riders have experienced this.. or if its simply not hot enough yet but i just thought I'd pass the word out as a possible issue. I'm sure Honda will correct the un documented problem next year.

JT

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom