Status
Not open for further replies.

theDogger

Mar 11, 2006
Just wondering....is buying a new bike the same as buying a new car. What I mean is you have the sticker price on the car say for $10,000.00 but the dealer invoice is $7500.00 if you are smart you know that even if you get the car for $500.00 over invoice you got a good deal even though the fleet manager crys that his is giving you the car and they are making nothing of this deal....bull#@! because there are dealer incentives and hold backs from the car manufacture. So the little $500.00 that he made off you turns out to be $3k after he gets his hold back and bouns from the manufacture.

So have said all that and my recent trips to the motor cycle dealers and listing to them tell me that the MSRP of $6800 for a new 06 YZ450f is the bottom line becasue they will not make anything on the bike to me is Bull#@!!
I went to a local Yamaha dealer and offered in cash and even showed the salesmen $6500.00 in cash for the 06 out the door and he refushed it. What are the guide lines that motorcycles are delt under. I know that they have to be the same as a car deal other wise they would not be in business

Any help would be great.

theDogger

mele63

Feb 16, 2006
When I was looking for a bike for my 12 year-old, I found that the only time you could really bargain is when the manufacturer is offering dealer incentives. Now, the dealer won't always volunteer this information to you, but if you shop around and see another dealer offering the bike for several hundred less, you can figure there may be a rebate program in effect on that model. Bear in mind the programs change daily and the dealers really don't know when and if promotions will expire, change, or remain in effect.

Other than that, it's supply and demand. If the dealer won't take your money, then it's worth more than that to him. I will say I've always found motorcycle dealers to be a stubborn lot, I just recently saw an '03 leftover on the floor offered for just a few hundred less than an '06.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Cross posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom