kdx200chick

Mar 27, 2004
It's official. My husband Mark will be leaving for Iraq on Feb 17th. He is a Marine Corps helicopter pilot serving a ground billet with the staff of 1MEF out of Camp Pendleton. It will be a one year deployment. I am fortunate to have wonderful neighbors who will help me to keep my bike maintained so that I don't have to take the year off :cool: , unfortunately for Mark, not a lick of riding awaits him in Iraq :ahhh:

Pros:
No sea sickness (his previous deployments have all been on ships.)
No two year un-accompanied deployment a few years down the road. (YES, two years without family!!!)
We have email!!!!
Occasional phonecalls!

Cons:
he'll miss our son getting his drivers license at the age of 16 and teaching him to drive.
my 40th birthday!!!!
no trip to Hawaii this summer.
All of the hollidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc.)

I'm so proud of him but am going to miss him terribly...

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Simulcaster said:
Please thank your husband for his service to our country. They are all in my prayers.
Ditto...
along with thanks to YOU for YOUR sacrafice. Here's to hoping the time goes by fast!

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
Unfortunately, this is the sacrifice that is made for our country. My wife has been in the Marine Corps Reserve since 1997. Her unit was called to IRAQ about 9 months ago, but she was sent to New River instead. Just before she came home the was accepted to OCS, so she was only home for a month, she graduated that just in time for Christmas, but now she has gone to TBS until July, then she goes back to Lejeune for a couple months of school, after that we get to find out where she get sent for duty. I don't know right now when I will get to see her again. And she will most likely still get to play in the big sandbox within the next 4 years.
Also, while I was in, I was sent to Gitmo twice in the same year, with two different units.
Anyway, it'll be over before you know it, and I hope he stays safe over there.

bleeds

Oct 17, 2005
Make sure that they both know that regardless as to what to TV says, America is proud to call them Sons and Daughters.
Bleeds

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Thank you to you and your husband for the sacrifices you are making to help defend our country and keep our country safe.

You've got a great support group here at DRN, if you ever need someone to talk to about it, you know you can do it here.

wanaride

~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2003
It is people like you, your husband, and everyone else who serves that allow others to live their lives as they choose. Please know that you and your family's sacrifice is respected and appreciated by many, many people! You and your family will be in my prayers...God Bless You All!!!

kdx200chick

Mar 27, 2004
Thanks everyone. This morning when I wrote my story, I have to admit I was feeling a bit sorry for myself, but reading these wonderful responses definately lifts my spirits. THANKYOU!!

Petra

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Petra, don't hesitate to call on me if you need anything or if you want to get together for a ride! Kathy and I will help you celebrate your 40th birthday if you want!! I just had mine this past August so I know how important it is!!!

Thanks to you and your husband!

kdx200chick

Mar 27, 2004
GETMETOCA said:
Petra, don't hesitate to call on me if you need anything or if you want to get together for a ride! Kathy and I will help you celebrate your 40th birthday if you want!! I just had mine this past August so I know how important it is!!!

Thanks to you and your husband!

Natalie,

I just might take you up on that! I am still planning on coming up the week before Easter so I hope to see you out at Hollister.

Petra

motodawg

Sponsoring Member
May 1, 2002
God Bless and Keep your family and especially your husband and his unit. They are the best of the best and deserve our Heartfelt Thanks!

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Thanks, for your service. Its people like you guys that make and keep this nation great.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
kdx200chick said:
I am fortunate to have wonderful neighbors who will help me to keep my bike maintained so that I don't have to take the year off :cool: , unfortunately for Mark, not a lick of riding awaits him in Iraq :ahhh:
You have plenty of internet neighbors here on DRN. Thanks to both of you!
Brian

yo its matt!

Aug 26, 2000
OHHH RAHH!!! TELL YOUR HUSBAND TO BE STRONG AND BE SAFE! ALL OUR PRAYERS ARE WITH HIM! we should all try to get them home as soon as possible!

SEMPER FI!!!

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
A "BIG" Thank you from the Ivey family and were just across town if you need anything

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
Like everyone else, I'd like to say Thank you!!!
It's families like yours that will help garuntee the freedom for my family and more importantly my Children!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom