Sandjunky

Feb 3, 2004
A lady was arrested yesterday when she went to her sons school to pick him up after he was busted with marijuanna. She apparently said something about using a belt on him within earshot of a police officer. He proceeded to tell her that she could not do that and asked her to leave the school's property. She refused to leave so he took her to the ground and cuffed her. Apparently the kid was placed in protective custody until his mother was evaluated by a psychologist. She passed the psychological exam with flying colors.

Geeze, what is up with parents today?

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
So, the cop made her leave for saying she was going to take a belt to the kid?
Or was she being "disorderly"?
It's actually against the law now to paddle your own kid?

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Unfrickinbelievable...it's because of the fact that parents nowadays don't believe in "disciplining" their children that there are so many bad kids/teenagers out there. Whatever happened to a swat on the butt if your child misbehaved? I mean, I'm not saying beat your children by any means...but something to get their attention works. Now it's "You better stop that or you're going to get a time out"

Give me a break.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Maybe the cop has seen actual child abuse or other forms of abuse and tried too avoid it..

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Okiewan said:
Like I always say, "spare the rod and end up with the youth we've got" :p

:cool:

Akira

Aug 29, 2003
My dad got me real good a few times when I was younger I think a total of three times. And I have turned out just fine. I don't get this no paddling your kids thing. I see some parents that just let there kids go nuts every where they take them and they don't do a thing. It drives me up the walls to see that. My dad would have never tolorated that. Plus I highly dought that there parents when they were growing up let them get away with that.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Rooster and I met our new landlords last night, along with there "not quite 18 month old" (another thing that IRRITATES me!).

Anyway...I have a shot glass collection on a bookcase in the living room and this kid was getting into it. The mother says to the child (who probably has no idea what she's talking about) "You're in someone elses house touching someone elses stuff, stop it."

HELLO?! That collection is a prized possession of mine!! I was in the kitchen and I could hear them clanging together, it was painful.

If I were that parent, I would've given a swat on the rear to say "Hey, you're doing something bad, stop it".

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
It's the laws

I doubt the cop had a choice. I know my mother as a school nurse is required to report anything and everything. If she doesn't, no matter how benign it might be, it's her ass that goes to jail.

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
Akira said:
My dad got me real good a few times when I was younger I think a total of three times. And I have turned out just fine. I don't get this no paddling your kids thing. I see some parents that just let there kids go nuts every where they take them and they don't do a thing. It drives me up the walls to see that. My dad would have never tolorated that. Plus I highly dought that there parents when they were growing up let them get away with that.

and your still not to big for me to turn you over my knee. :p

Now get to work, you have a truck payment coming due.

Dad

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Mully said:
and your still not to big for me to turn you over my knee. :p

Now get to work, you have a truck payment coming due.

Dad
:yikes:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Let me get this straight, if someone over-hears you mention that you're going to spank your child, you are about to break the law?

Between this stuff, the removal of failing grades in school (calling it "delayed success" now, lol), MTV doing their best to promote spoiled rotten pieces of pure crap (sweet 16), free for all teen sex and "gay is okay".... Heaven help us.

I recall a time in my youth (LOL!) that I was pestering a neighborhood girl, you know, little rocks at her window trying to get her attention... teenage boy stuff... her dad saw it, got pissed, snagged me by my collar and literally drug my smart@$#@ home, 3 blocks away. Parents thanked him, not sure how much trouble I actually got in, but.. these days, I'd probably own that guys house.

There just seems to be a complete lack of respect these days, for property or people. Just a WHOLE LOT of "not his fault, not my fault". All just symptons of Dr. Spock and me generation rasing kids.

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
Spankings early go a long way toward not having to later. Although, the belt is a bit much. Once a child reaches a certain age there are better ways to discipline, but there is a time frame where you have to make a child do what they should, you can't just say "that's not the right thing to do". Of course, I onced heard a woman say (about her own son), " somebody needs to teach him some discipline". I always thought discipline was the parents responsibility.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Ants... I see you're pretty young ... just wait until you have a teenager. Trust me, there will be times when you wanna smack the tar out of 'em. :p

That being said, I never had the need to spank ours... she took well to more "civilized" punishments. Obviously, once kids get old enough to understand reason, the beatings should stop. The point remains, at what point do laws and lawyers go too far into your life and the decisons YOU make raising YOUR child?

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
So, when I'm having those student/teacher conferences at my kids' school I shouldn't be saying (in response to their bad grades) that I'm gonna tan their hides?

Next time I'll just tell them that I'm putting them in the sensory deprivation chambers.

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
The kid got cought using drugs! How did that old baretta saying go.... "don't do the crime if ya can't pay the fine"

C

CaNaDiAn,Eh?

That is so stupid. The kid got caught with weed, is the mom just supposed to sit him down and explain to him that he was a very bad boy and she would really appreciate it if he would please not do it again?
Haha, I got smacked by my parents all the time......hands, belt.....I still have nightmares about being chased around the house by my mom holding a really really big wooden spoon. Believe it or not I'm not scarred for life, and I think I turned out ok in the end.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
CaNaDiAn said:
I still have nightmares about being chased around the house by my mom holding a really really big wooden spoon. Believe it or not I'm not scarred for life,
sounds like the definition of "scarred for life" to me :rotfl:

Top Bottom