john stu

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 7, 2002
whats up with the 2002 rm125 owners manuel stating in bold letters"do not use leaded fuel" does this mean i should not run vp c-12 in this bike?or any other leaded race fuel?

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
There is nothing special about the Suzuki that should REQUIRE unleaded fuel other than the fact that it uses a very expensive plug that is more prone to fouling with leaded fuel. Use the C12, it's an excellent fuel, and as long as you jet properly fouling will not be an issue.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
Just out of interest Rich, what is the deal with these expensive plugs on the RM125? i sort of remember some ramplings from someone before, can these bikes accept standard BR9EG or ES plugs? i have a friend picking an RM up soon and i help him a bit with this sort of stuff and need to be aware of any problems.

I wonder if young Marcus here gets another KX125 next year if it will come with the expensive plug also, apparently a lot of engines got taken out by the plugs falling apart.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Originally posted by bclapham
apparently a lot of engines got taken out by the plugs falling apart.

That's the only logical explanation I have gotten, although I've never seen an EG, EV, or EVX break apart regardless of the application.
Must be some sort of YT specific bad vibration mojo. :eek:

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
bruce trouble is the plug is a expensive one-just the wrong expensive one:(
its the new BR9EIX the i is the iridium tip or whatever.Not sure why kwak has to specify these non std plugs(they were doing it back in 92) when the ones they provide are less reliable than the cheap ones.

I thiok the cheap plugs will work in any application as long as they are changed at a reasonable interval.

Top Bottom