BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Hey guys, should we schedule a Spodes outing at Draper before they close it down? The Walnut loop is supposed to stay open but the vast majority of trails is scheduled to close. Anyone interested?

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
YES. There's an enduro at Gruber(I hate the place) September 13 or 15, I think.

Lets try to stay off that day. Make sure Lorin is able to go and be our guide.

OKKX'er

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 10, 2001
A ride sounds good. Feels odd planning a ride, about forgotten how. I've been greasing suspensions, etc. The bikes are nearly back together now.

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
Jay,

Wanna go drink beer in the parking lot and "pit" for those that ride? :p

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
Sounds like fun to me. If I can get away from work.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I need a warm up ride, something I can work into.

craig_enid

Mar 23, 2000
I see alot of interest, but no date yet....
Justin, are you talking about skipping Gruber and riding that weekend?

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I gathered that he was going to Goober and to schedule a ride around it.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Originally posted by justql
There's an enduro at Gruber(I hate the place)

i agree. i rode there once in '86 and i swore i would never go back. i haven't broken my promise.

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
The trails are still in relatively good shape. We rode about 45 miles of them yesterday and actually found some muddy areas. Pick a day and let me know. If any of you need a place to clean up or hang out, mi casa is su casa.

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
P prefer to not miss the enduro. While I "might" not go I am trying to talk myself into going. The 300 needs a good testing. I just wish that Gruber had a few more rocks. ;)

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Originally posted by justql
[BI just wish that Gruber had a few more rocks. ;) [/B]
Satist! :p

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
justin,
you might end up throwing that 300 on the rocks and end up with a radiator like jays. did you swap the forks and shocks off the 250?

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
No. The 300 has shorter linkages.(Manufactureed by LTR) Drops the back end about an inch and really smooths the rear end out. Also it has WP vs. the Marzochis that the 250 had. on the front. They are much better stock. I HAVE installed the radiator gaurds. ;)

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
Justin, did you ever get the mechanical gremlins figured out on the 300? What ended up being the problem?

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Loose nut at the controls! :D:

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Funny swift. :p It had a loose wire I guess. I pushed on all the connections and it started right up. I just hope it doesn't reappear when the bike gets hot again. I wish it ran as good as the 250. I think I might have it all sorted out. I'm going up to a 45 jet and ride it like that.

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
Justin, on a side note; one of my friends was experiencing conditions not unlike yours (seemed to foul). We finally found that the fuel petcock spigot was loose and would leak, creating a fuel starvation problem that acted like a lean condition. We ended up jb welding the spigot in place and the bike hasnt experienced any further problems. Just an idea to keep in mind. I would like to get a good ride on that 300 sometime once it is running properly.

OldMaiconut

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 28, 2001
I am up for it! I plan on riding there this Saturday if anyone wants to meet up. I wanna go early, and I don't know my way around. Other than screwing around at home, I haven't rode since Memorial day at the Farm.

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
Hey Butch, pm me with your phone number and I will get ahold of you next time I ride. It wont be this weekend, as I have my boy and my bike is awaiting some parts. Some of my friends that you rode with in Stillwater are riding there again this Sunday. If you want, I can let you know the when's and where's. I hope to have my scooter together by Sunday night and may ride one night next week, as well as next Saturday (31st), before I take off for the opening of Dove hunting season on Sunday.

Top Bottom