easy KX 250 air pressure question

mattb348

Aug 2, 2005
Hey guys. I have a 2002 KX 250 and my manual says the tire air pressure range range is 11-14 PSI. Is this correct? And also, is this for the rear AND the front tire? becuase the stupid manual doesn't specify.

Also, I ride on all different types of surfaces, so would it be best to just put in like 12.5 PSI so that way its right in between min. and max.?

Lastly, I have a really stupid question: When I go and put air in the tire (which I will be doing at a gas station or something most likely), how do I tell how many PSI are in the tire? Don't most pressure guages only have "lbs" or some crap? I know I usually put like 35 or so "lbs" in my car tires. Is that the same as PSI?

Thanks!

KX02

Jan 19, 2004
Yes, 11-14 lbs. is the normal range to run in your front and back tires. The pressure gauges give you lbs other wise known as PSI or pounds per square inch.

mattb348

Aug 2, 2005
KX02 said:
Yes, 11-14 lbs. is the normal range to run in your front and back tires. The pressure gauges give you lbs other wise known as PSI or pounds per square inch.

Thank you very much :)

KdxChode

Jun 18, 2001
You might want to pick up a special low pressure gauge also. They go from 1psi to 15 or 20 I think. You can get them at any motorcycle shop.

Top Bottom