JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
CCE is digging its own grave--with an ESPN shovel. I was really looking forward to watching the 125 Anaheim race tonight, but NOOOO. It's basketball instead! SHEEZ! I can't WAIT for the day when ESPN has no motorsports rights whatsoever, and they are forced to sit around and play with their balls.

When the 2003 season rolls around, I'll be glued to Speedvision. I don't care if Billy Joe Redneck from Podunk, Alabama is the star of the series, I'll be propping the AMA and Speedvision.

I hope CCE folds like a cheap hooker who got hit in the face by a fat guy with bad teeth. :think

crkid

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 2001
one little thing i hate is when a SX race is almost over they cut away from it to advertise the basketball game coming up next. and then as soon as the race is over, coverage is instantly stopped and before even going to commercial i am stuck watching some ball game i couldn't care less about.

i'm waiting for the day when people will have to wait for a SX race to end so they can see their ball game, but i'm not holding my breath.

Senior KX Rider

Super Power AssClown
Nov 9, 1999
I'm with Ivan on this one. I watch the TV listings here http://www.pacesupercross.com/

I usually jump right into a flame on ESPN and this one may well be their fault but I was not expecting SX last night and I hope:D to get to see it today

If they pre-empt for synchronised swimming or bowling today, I'll be back.:p

Last edited:

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
I dropped my sports package which included Speedvision and Fox Sports on DirecTV since the favorite practice was to pre-empt any dirt-oriented race. In fact, motorcycle Tues had gotten plain ridiculous-just a bunch of road racing with Euro announcers. A nice break every now and then, but usually puts me right to sleep.

With the money spent on that package I could have bought the GNCC video and had better coverage. ESPN2 is my last hope and I'm not counting on it.:mad:

Layton

~SPONSOR~
Aug 2, 2000
TV Guide never listed ESPN as having SX. It shows ESPN-2 as having the races but remember they are a week or so behind because of the tape delay.
Yesterday they showed the first round of the 250's at 11am CDT. It lists SX at the same time today which may be the 125's.

JuliusPleaser

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Pace and Motoworld had the 125 race listed at 9:30 pm last night. I checked the listings several times throughtout the past couple of days. It's easy to believe two separate sources when you're looking at TV listings. The way ESPN handled things last year, I figured it was going to be business as usual.

W.P.EXC

Nov 30, 2000
Why split em???

I'll tell you what drives me crazy is how they split up the 125 & 250 races. Why can't they air it all at once? I want both with all the heat races too, not just the main events. :(

JuliusPleaser

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
I hate that crap too. ESPN has always treated motorsports like a stepchild.

Thanks for the link, Vic. :D

ktmdad

Feb 29, 2000
It's pretty darn early in the '02 season to start with the program changes.:uh:

We should not have to keep going back on line to find out when ESPN2 will air a race.

Happened to change to ESPN2 yesterday and caught the last 10 mins of the 125 race.

I fear that in '03, we'll see most of the best riders racing in the CCE races, due to more $$$ going to the riders, but with subpar TV coverage. And the AMA will supposedily have sameday or live coverage on Speedvision, but who will the rider's be?

IDkTm

Jul 12, 2000
My only problem with next years live AMA races is the fact that I do not have SpeedVision(speed channel?) and I'm not gonna shell out for a dish to get it. Honestly I'd say throughout the country far more people have ESPN 2 than have Speedvision. Perhaps CCE will take a look at the AMA's TV deal and get ESPN 2 to respond with a similar deal? There is no reason why ESPN 2 can't do live SX as well as live Nationals. MX as a whole needs better TV coverage.

*william*

Jul 5, 2000
Originally posted by IDkTm
Honestly I'd say throughout the country far more people have ESPN 2 than have Speedvision

I have neither. But I do have 5 channels in Spanish! Whoo hoo! I like the commercials that say, "call your cable compay and ask for (whatever) channel today!" Like they care. If I don't like what they provide I have the option of getting a dish. Some choice, eh?

Top Bottom