Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
Anyone have any experience with the ZipTy Racing pipe on a 06 to 08 YZ250? I've read many reports but most contradict each other. ZipTy suggests that the pipe is intended to smoothen power delivery and improve ridability in off-road conditions. Others suggest that the pipe increases the hit making the bike more difficult to manage. Are these people not able to recognize jetting issues or does the pipe really make the power hit harder?

I'm looking to smoothen the power on my 07 YZ250 to make it a little more off-road friendly. I've got a fly wheel weight and off-road throttle assembly ready to install. Eric Gorr worked his magic on my 00 YZ250; boring it to a 275 and dropping the compression a touch which worked wonders at smoothing the power. I'm hoping to find a pipe designed to smoothen the power. My pipe is mashed and unusable or I would be going straight to Eric.

Thanks for you input.

Have a great day.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
No direct experience with any of their pipes, but IMO ZipTy has a good reputation and seems to make excellent and innovative products. If you need a pipe, I'd be tempted to go with theirs, especially if you have found some positive reviews.

Considering how inept many riders are with the brass and how sensitive some bikes are even to a small air screw adjustment, I would be inclined to think the pipe could be made to works as advertised, especially if used with whatever silencer/spark arrestor, fuel and jetting ZipTy recommends.

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
I'm with you dirt bike dave and whole heartedly agree with your line of thinking.

There's no fixing this pipe Flux3D. I purchased the bike from an insurance company. It’s never been ridden but it fell from a truck while it was in transit. The pipe took the brunt of the hit. The pipe is an interested conversation piece and that's about it.

Have a great day gents.

Top Bottom