sixds

Mar 25, 2007
I just changed pads and drained the fluid from my front and back brakes. I am wondering if i could flush it out with anything to make sure there is nothing left in the system

thanks.

Cr250 4 life

Dec 22, 2007
just top up ur break fluid and on the breaks there shoudl be a lil nipple, just unscrew it. put a clear hoes on it and that into a cup. start to pump it till all the fluid stops, there u flushed it. now get some more fuild and full her up. and just bleed the brakes from there.
its the same process just keep pumping the break till all the air bubbles stop

jonboyf

Aug 12, 2007
I siphon the resevoir out. then add fresh fluid,pump it through using the pump and bleed technique, till the fluid is clear why let air into the system if you dont have to?

sixds

Mar 25, 2007
just top up ur break fluid and on the breaks there shoudl be a lil nipple, just unscrew it. put a clear hoes on it and that into a cup. start to pump it till all the fluid stops, there u flushed it. now get some more fuild and full her up. and just bleed the brakes from there.
its the same process just keep pumping the break till all the air bubbles stop

did you read my post at all? it said the fluid was already out and that i want to make sure there isnt any debris in the brake system.

anyone know how much fluid it takes to fill both reservoirs? i only have 1 liter.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
mideastrider said:
When I change out my fluid I just flush with new fluid until it's clean. I've never put anything in the brake system except brake fluid.

x2, I'd rather not drain the system and have to deal with trying to get it bled just right.

sixds

Mar 25, 2007
Originally Posted by mideastrider
When I change out my fluid I just flush with new fluid until it's clean. I've never put anything in the brake system except brake fluid.

x2, I'd rather not drain the system and have to deal the trying to get it bled just right.

thats what i figured, but i only have so much brake fluid.

Rotorranch

Feb 10, 2007
Caliper slide pins cleaned and lubed?

Pad slide pins cleaned and lubed?

Adjustment screw on the brake lever adjusted right?

If all that is correct, the caliper pistons may be sticking.

Rotor

Top Bottom