Big Tuna

Nov 29, 2000
I would like to get some perspective on which foreign policies these terrorists, and their supporters, are using as their reason (excuse) to take innocent lives in such a cowardly fashion? If they truly had a "cause" why won't one of these yellow-bellies step forward and take responsibility. What got me riled up (again) about this was some stuff I had read in the paper (Edmonton Sun Oct. 11/01) and hearing of so called educated people (university proff.) supporting this terroristic behavior "I live amongst people like this :scream:".
I don't know what kind of perspective these people have, but what I see is a country doing its best to maintain world peace (along with protecting some of their own interests "who wouldn't"), and spending billions of dollars on care packages for countries that are kicking our (Canada's) butts in the Olympics :think Also I'm just wondering if these terrorist supporters are as willing to show their faces down in the U.S.:eek: as they are in Canada? I doubt it-sometimes I think our country is a little to passive.
If Iraq was so concerned about loss of life why did they "start" the war, and also not back down when they had the chance?

ZOOK250

Oct 5, 2001
Hey big tuna . i hear you . where do we find these guys to run our country? at the moment i hear that they are going to pass a new law stating that , it is not illegal to be a member of a terrotist group, but it is illegal to act out as a terrorist. what the @#$* are they thinking. we might be a more passive country,but lets get real. we have to become tougher on this issue. the U.S.A is fighting terrorism and our government is fighting weather to have frozen food in hospitals. our leaders should have came out and given the U.S total support after the W.T.C attacks, and instead they didnt. i think this made us look pretty bad as canadians. terrorists dont show thier faces in the U.S because they know they would get thier ass kicked. in canada they have nothing to be afraid of.

i think the olympics are going to be pretty dam scary. anyone booking seats for the opening cerimonies?

Big Tuna

Nov 29, 2000
Canada's leadership was IMO questionable before the Sep. 11 tragety, and after the way things were handled in the days following I'm ashamed of the way our gov't dragged their feet in response. On the other hand I'm very proud of my fellow Canadians for the support they have showed. The actions of our gov't do NOT reflect the feeligs of the people of Canada.

It has got to be frustating for our governments to keep sending monitary aid to these less fortunate countries only to see the only thing improving in those countries being helped is the milatary :(
Some of these shakey little countries being nuclere scares the bejesus out of me:scream:

txvintage

Sponsoring Member
Apr 20, 2001
On 9/11 one of the first rings of my phone was from a friend in Canada who works with your Air Traffic Control. He wanted to know if I had family or friends in the air, and if so what airline and flight number. He was going to track them down and make sure all was well.

Having once worked for the mondo, yet shrinking, Canadian Telecom equipment manufacturer from hell, I have many Canadian friends and all of them are wondering what the heck Ottawa is doing.

As near as I can tell, the average guy/gal on the street reamins just like the average guy/gal on the street in America.

Top Bottom