larrk2300

Apr 25, 2002
sorry for same question again but please clarify to me i am a 190# rider 2001 kdx 220, want new fork springs, some old threads said 41# fredette says 21# is their a part number and source larryk2@attbi.com

mprest4

Nov 14, 2001
i called fredette, race-tech, and sage. all three were knowledgeable, but you will not get the same level from race-tech and you will most likely talk to someone under the age of 30 who may or may not have ridden a kdx.

fredette does not sell a spring above .39 so he might be a little biased.

i bought from sage and he usually personally answers the phone when you call. i suggest you give him a call and talk about your riding preference - mx/woods, etc. i'm 200lbs and have .41s because i like to ride on the track. i would not go that stiff if i rode woods predominately. i also probably wouldn't go that stiff if i always landed the jumps in the right place.

try http://www.sagesdirtandstreet.com/

Cactus Jim

Apr 1, 2002
Again, you're going to get many different responces. I baught Race Tech, and although their customer services has been reported not the best (I had no troubles), their springs are individually tested to be the rate specified. Some fall between a specific range. I'm 6-0 at about 180# and have found the .42 to be just right for me. It all depends on your riding style and conditions. This may be too stiff for woods, but for high speed desert, it's great. I have no complaints.

Granted, I haven't tested other springs or rates, but compared to stock, there is no comparison! Check past threads, there have been many.

Top Bottom