blackoutyz125

Aug 7, 2004
On my 00, my front wheel is dragging a bit. It looks like the outside edge of the rotor is dragging on the inside of the caliper, only on about 30% of a rotation of the wheel. I have already checked the rotor for side to side runout, and it looks good. How can I fix this without replacing the rotor?

nickyd

Sep 22, 2004
dragging on the inside pad I'm asssuming? check the pin and make sure the pads can slide freely - if not, the piston may be full of dirt and not retracting

blackoutyz125

Aug 7, 2004
No, it is accually dragging on the caliper, not the pad. When I spin the wheel and look at it from the side, I can see the rotor is not quite round.

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
I had this happen once on my '00 YZ426 after I'd installed the front wheel. Turns out that I had the spacers on each side of the wheel reversed (one spacer was just a little different in length than the other). This caused the rotor to scape on the caliper, but the wheel could still turn.

Swapping sides solved the problem....

blackoutyz125

Aug 7, 2004
holeshot said:
I had this happen once on my '00 YZ426 after I'd installed the front wheel. Turns out that I had the spacers on each side of the wheel reversed (one spacer was just a little different in length than the other). This caused the rotor to scape on the caliper, but the wheel could still turn.

Swapping sides solved the problem....

:bang:

I did change my front tire the other day....

now I feel like and idiot. :|

blackoutyz125

Aug 7, 2004
Well I took the wheel off and tried switching the spacers. That didnt get me anywhere, it just made the dragging even worse. Anyone have any other ideas?

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom