julien_d

Oct 28, 2008
lol, no. Just saw a 97 in louisville for $250 on CL and had to talk myself out of it. Wife would kill me if I brought another bike home right now. My brother in law lives in bowling green. I could probably have had him pick it up for me....

sr5bidder

Oct 27, 2008
well I'm a bit closer to starting the work on the kx chassis, I took a trip to Pa and my brother and I welded up some mounts on the blaster and finished the hydro rear brake set up, so I should be able to sell it soon.

Someone is coming to pick up the old rm125 for $225 next sunday so that will free up some space in the garage....if only someone would come and buy my magna!!

My wife got 10 bags of morter for free so that is in the way too

sr5bidder

Oct 27, 2008
sold the magna saturday and I'm going to get the cylinder replated at langcourt for the kx125 and get a crank assembly and just ride the kx125 as is and either sell it or or keep it...

man I'm down to 4 bikes, I'm looking for a Yamaha wr250 and a 4x4 auto wheeler prefer a yamaha..

guess I don't feel like fooling with the hybrid mostly because I'm sort of tired of shifting and the jumpyness of the 2t in general, hell I tackled a big log crossing on my xt350 and felt much more controled than if on the kdx

Joburble

Bring back the CR500
~SPONSOR~
Jul 20, 2009
Sounds like you are turning to the darkside. If you are sick of the jumpyness and shifting in gereral, buy a CR500, no jumpyness (coz it spits out anything that would make it jump) and 3rd gear will do all ;)
Hell, go all the way, buy a quad, nothing to do then but get in everybodys way. Yes the 4 strokes are a lazy mans bike and in many circumstances are the preferred choice. Heaps of people choose them, all the people I passed a few weeks ago on a slippery clay uphill chose them, and so did the guy at the top who's KX250F had blown up, he chose one. One thing I don't like about my KDX is I don't seem to be building any muscle in my right leg as the darn thing starts every time, and my shoulders are suffering too coz I don't have to pull it thing out of bogs and what not. It's all such a hard choice.

Last edited:

sr5bidder

Oct 27, 2008
you forget the sunk and hydro lock I did pull it out and it would have been harder with a heavier 4t, I did not say I was getting rid of my kdx, I just cant stand the thought of parting it out after a hybrid build..

I'd just like to add a modernish wr250 to the trailer when heading out and see what its got. (laziness...I'll take fries with that please)

......I have collected a few wheelers along the way blaster (need to sell) and a warrior (needs some parts)

sr5bidder

Oct 27, 2008
Buuuuutttttt....
I just found a 2004 wr250 with alot of extras on craigslist at a reeeeaall good price
going to look/pick up tonight so we will see on sunday in a side by side or ride by ride how they stack up in the fast and in the tight and nasty trails. Doc Hilts trails In AL

sr5bidder

Oct 27, 2008
got the wr250f and the kx125 is just about finished Eric Gorr is sending the head back now.. everything is freshened up on the kx now new grease and alot of new stuff, tires mains/seals throttle tube grips, and levers..three yamahas and 2 kawasaki in the garage now.

the wr250f sure does like to be in the air ALOT more than the KDX and sure is alot smoother (boring) than the kdx. I had not adjusted everything on the wr to fit me and I did not ride it too long.

julien_d

Oct 28, 2008
the wr is a good bike, but I know what you mean about "boring". I spent some time on a nice rmz250 last year and just did not get the same excitement I get out of the 2 strokes. If I was gonna have a 4t, it would have to be a 450. The 250 just doesn't have enough go juice for me. And then a 450 is more than a handful when the trails get tight. Looks like 2 strokes for me!

sr5bidder

Oct 27, 2008
I'm kinda excited to try the kx125 its super light and narrow, I expect it to be alot more powerfull in the lower rpms than the old 84 rm125 (had nothing).

its getting tuff with all these bikes and every one of them is crying for this or that keeps me very busy and keeps Kens motorcycle tires parts unlimited orders coming in almost daily..soon all will be done.

on a side note I really like the trials tire forward traction but the braking sucks and it freaks me out coming in to turns a little to hot.

sr5bidder

Oct 27, 2008
ring ding ding

3rd kick fired up the newly rebuilt kx 125, should be able to test ride on saturday as I have a few thing to finish on the little girl.
:cool:

Top Bottom