Skid Jackson

Nov 1, 2000
I'm changing out the front tube for a heavey duty one and plan to keep the lighter stock one as the back up. First off i can't imagine doing that in the woods!! Man if i get a flat i hope i'm close to the truck!!

Any way the new tube has a special washer and two nuts on the valve stem. When i pulled the stock tube out there was the special washer and one nut on the stem and they were both inside the rim. This doesn't seem right to me. I would think the washer goes inside the rim and the two nuts on the outside of the rim. Whats the proper way to do this. Was the tube put in the wrong way at the factory or by the shop?? Help i wanna ride tomorrow

jmics19067

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
no it wasnt put on the wrong way I would say that the guy either lost or thru the one nut away. take one nut off the new tube this should be on the valvestem on the valve cap side of the rim<I stated in that way only becasue i see a problem trying to describe the inside or the outside of the rim ;) >

the one nut and special washer is to help seal the valestem plug to the tube itself and then the other nut is to keep the valve stem from getting sucked into the mounted tire if in the unfortunate case of having to ride a flat.

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Skid,
One other thing, pay close attention to that tread lock. My buddy didn't on his rear tire and we spent the better part of a morning replacing his tube on the side of the trail.
Happy Trails

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom