KAY DEE EXER

~SPONSOR~
Mar 3, 2003
Upon re-installation of my forks and wheel, I have noticed that the front wheel is slightly off centre (closer to the caliper side fork leg) slightly. I havent measured it but as a guess its about 5mm closer to the caliper side. Its on a 98 200 so if someone could take a look at the gap on your bike to see if they are the same it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all... :thumb:

wanaride

~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2003
I just checked my front end ('03 200), and it looks as if the tire IS somewhat closer to the caliper side of the fork. It is really hard to tell though, maybe it is just the larger caliper vs smaller opposite-side hub diameter that is playing tricks with my eyes... :think:

KAY DEE EXER

~SPONSOR~
Mar 3, 2003
Would it be a PITA to give it a quick measure for me I will edit this post with my measurements. Thanks Wanaride !!! :thumb:
(EDIT) Ok well I dont really have anything to measure it with accurately but I can stick the end of a ruler in one side with a few MM gap. On the caliper side the ruler just fits in. If I had to guess I would say its a 4-5MM difference.

Last edited:

mikdxer

Mar 6, 2003
wheel offset

Hello, I just measured mine and I have approximatley 1 5/8"
cleareance between the edge of the rim and the fork on either side, its right in the center. Hope this helps, its a 2002 kdx 200.

johnkdx220

Feb 6, 2003
Kay Dee Exer,

This winter, I installed a KX front end on my 03' 220 and ended up with an off-set of approximatly 8mm. I stopped banging my head againt the brick wall because everything part did fit as intended and, most importantly, there doesn't seem to be a handling problem. Anyways, its still a mystery to me, but I've learned to live with it. The only remaining hypothesis: I did an "perfect off-set wheel truing!!!". (I used the KDX rim with KX hub and spokes).

This might not help you much except to say that you not alone...
Good Luck.

Rhodester

May 17, 2003
Just eye balled mine. It looks so close to dead center it's hard to tell. I then dug out the tape measure and it may be a couple of mm closer to the disc side.

wanaride

~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2003
FWIW, I just checked mine ('03 200) and found that the front wheel appears to be approximately 3/16" (4.7mm) closer to the caliper side of the fork. The odometer cable fits into its housing with no problem...I had the front end apart last fall to grease the steering stem bearings so it is possible that I put it back together wrong, but it has not presented any (unusual) handling problems, so I figured it went back together right.

Any thoughts?

KAY DEE EXER

~SPONSOR~
Mar 3, 2003
Thanks again wanaride Im guessing its right otherwise it would be hard to fit the rotor into the caliper when putting the wheel back on. I'll double check it now I have borrowed a set of calipers. I shall let you know what I find. :thumb:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom