climbjtree

Mar 31, 2006
Getting into dirtbikes, I was thinking about fuel mixture.

When you see ratios like 32:1, thats 32 ounces of gas for every 1 oz of oil, right?

Thanks.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
or 32 gallons of gas to every gallon of oil... if you like :)

showtime586

Mar 28, 2004
Be sure and get the Ratio-Rite that has the plastic lid. I bought one without the lid and was forever cleaning debris out of the Ratio-Rite cup.

Fultoncm

Apr 14, 2005
What's the longest you guys use fuel for after mixing it? if you don't use the same day do you ditch it? or are you using a fuel stabilizer? Just curious what everyone is doing with mixed fuel left over...

Sep 2, 2005
I try to live by a two week rule.. The fuel and oil mix should be fine for up to two weeks if it is in a sealed container. Todays oils are much better then that of the 70s and 80s. Try not to leave 2 gal of gas in your bike for a week. your bike is not a sealed container drain the gas back into your gas can at the end of the day. I dont care what anyone says Always shake your can before adding fuel to your bike and your really want to shake it after mixing the fuel or after the mixture has sat around for awhile.

Masterphil

DRN's Resident Lunatic
Aug 3, 2004
WhiskythrottleKeit said:
...Always shake your can before adding fuel to your bike and your really want to shake it after mixing the fuel or after the mixture has sat around for awhile.

That is absolutely unnecessary with today's oils. Having said that. I still shake the can after I pick it up, all the while telling myself that modern oils will not drop out of suspension with the fuel, oh well.

Sep 2, 2005
Not all of today oils self mix.. Some are better then others. Some dont mix as well with some fuels and so on. Castor 927 is pretty heavy and can seperate and has been know to do this. So i would say its always safe to shake

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom