god bless Dale, but can we move on now?

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
Hats, shirts, mailboxes, GM produces 3,333 Monte Carlos with a big #3, flags, ok,ok, am I the only one who thinks that enough is enough?

Although it seems that there are a mixture of "fair weather fans" (some of which hated him until he died, then they were his biggest fan from day one...yea right) and true fans, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. He was a great man, died in a tragic accident, etc.

A tragic accident while participating in a dangerous sport. Why was this such a shock?

Can we move on now, please?

And yes, I'm done venting for now.

UPSMAN

Dec 2, 1999
Motometal i couldnt agree with you any more, i was a big Dale Earnhardt fan when everybody else hated the guy and now i would just look like one of the crowd. We have people around here that would have spit on him when he was alive and now they have all the goodies to show there support for him, i guess they just have been sucked in by all the marketing. My wife has tried to buy me a couple of Dale things and i told her to take em back because now i would just look like one of those nimrods that have all that stuff, i know in my heart that i was a fan always and thats good enough for me. Its gone beyond tribute now its just about money. I live pretty close to Detroit and went through the same thing with the Red Wings with everyone jumping on the bandwagon and they couldnt even tell you what icing was. oh well

later greg:ugg:

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
well, maybe I just like to complain:uh:

and yes, like 9-11, it has gone from tragic to profitable to tragically profitable.

this guy doesn't need anybodie's support. It's hard to enjoy fans and support after you have assumed room temperature.

I'm sure he appreciated support from his fans while he was alive and racing, tho.....

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
i play a nascar pc game alot. used to, whenever i damaged my car to the point that it was no longer competitive, i would go looking for the #3 to crash him. after he died, i felt bad about doing that.

Wraith

Do the impossible its fun
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 16, 2000
I feel that it is hard to get over such a loss when someone plays such a big part (or role) in that or any sport. In Nascar, if you were not a #3 fan. You where wanting your driver to beat the #3:D .

MXFastGuy

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 11, 2001
Originally posted by UPSMAN
We have people around here that would have spit on him when he was alive and now they have all the goodies to show there support for him, i guess they just have been sucked in by all the marketing.

Greg, there's a difference between Dale the racer and Dale the person. Don't get the two mixed up.:o

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom