mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
my wife and her sister will be coming up saturday to meet these freaks that i talk about. so add two more for dinner.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Oldmaiconut, clear out your PM box.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Here is the directions Justql e-mailed last fall:

The place is not real hard to find, it sits on Lone Chimney Lake.
To get there from Stillwater you head east on 51 to 108, go north on 108 two miles north of Glencoe, turn right at Walts Corner head east four miles turn RIGHT (justql's other left) go south on gravel road 1 mile, turn left go east almost 1 mile, small farm house on left side, only house on left side. You make a u turn to go through the gate beside big garage into the pasture, turn right once in pasture head north through pasture on trail.

To get there from the Cimmaron turnpike, exit at the Pawnee exit, hwy 18 , it's the exit right before the McDonalds.Turn right, head north on Hwy 18, 2 1/4 miles( there is a green state sign that says Lone Chimney Lake)turn left go west 2 miles on dirt road. At t-intersection turn right go north 1/4-1/2 mile or so to new bridge to stop sign at t-intersection. At stop sign turn left head west again. Follow this road west it will turn back south and then back west,(about a 1/2 mile total through the curves) there is a water plant on the left side when you turn west again, go 1 1/2 miles west from water plant. Turn left, head south 1 mile, turn left head east almost 1 mile. Small farm house on left side of road. Make a u turn off of road go through gate beside garage into pasture. Once in pasture turn right go north through pasture.

To get there from Tulsa on 51 head west to 18, go north on 18 and follow the directions once you go past the turnpike.
Edited by BSWIFT to explain Justql's other left hand.
I highlighted the mistake in the directions with a correction.

Txbigguy

Camp Tejas Chef
N. Texas SP
Jan 14, 2002
:ugg: Well guys I hate to say it but it look like I wont be making it up this weekend. I was really looking forward to it but some other things have come up that I need to take care of :think: . I am sorry I am going to miss all the fun. :whiner: :whiner: :whiner:

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
Txbigguy,
Dang, I hate to see you not able to make it. Same thing has happened to me a number of times. The biggest hurt was backing out of going to Dirtweek 01 last year. We will catch you the next time around. ;)

Regards,
Sawblade

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
txbigguy, sorry you can't make it. Keep checking in with us, we'll have another spodefest or two this year.

Txbigguy

Camp Tejas Chef
N. Texas SP
Jan 14, 2002
Oh I will. I also have been talking with Russ up at Badlands about getting another day out there. I go up there for practise every other week or so. We really impressed him and he likes us DRN'ers

KOWKATCHER

Mar 31, 2002
UPDATE-
The rains have set in. so far is a good slow soaker so it will be good and gooey. No not really that bad. This is the first of it and it will take quite a bit to get that bad. No there has not been any more mowing but the Family had started hitting the cabins anfd I did hear the rider going somewhere. The hand is KIA. rather naked if you know what I mean. WOn't be much playing for me I am afraid. The meat is in the smoker as we speak. Just left dads and it was tasting pretty good. The tent still stands. Thats about it on the home front tonight. Looks like the rain is moving on through now. Thats good about 1/2 inch this evening.

OldMaiconut

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 28, 2001
I imagine the dust will be settled under about three inches of mud!! It's starting to look like I might be flying solo. My wife pointed out to me that it is raining.... ( I already knew that) And the daughter is making noises that she might rather not go. I don't want to force anything on her, so we will see. Is the ground in the pasture pretty solid? I have 4WD, but dragging a trailer you can get stuck quick. One thing I know... I NEED to ride!! Work has been murder the past few weeks... a little mud ain't gonna stop me from having fun.

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
It will take alot of rain to get bad. It was dry last weekend, except a few mudholes. So I'm sure that some rain will help settle the dust. The soil is so sandy/loamy that it soaks it up and dries real fast. The road to camp is solid!!If it stops raining mid day friday we'll be in good shape for Saturday adn Sunday.
I'll bring the mower. Hopefully I can get there by two or three tommorrow. I need to run through the last part of the loop and hang some arrows and mow the camp ground. I gotta go change the front tire on the Gasser and start loading the bikes and gear. I also need to make some danger signs for a couple of spots.

Last edited:

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Originally posted by OldMaiconut
And the daughter is making noises that she might rather not go

my daughter is still going. it would be nice if she had another girl to ride with.

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
So whats the forecast for Sat and Sun? My wife has also made comments about not going due to rain. Like OldMaiconut the last few weeks of work have been heck. I need to ride! Plus Tuesday I had some major dental work done and have been on Darvocet for the pain. I left work this morning because I was feeling like this... :confused: I'm taking it like a man now and haven't taken a pill since I came home from work this morning. Gotta get the cob webs out of the brain bucket. I haven't touched a thing because of the medication. Modern chemistry is a great thing! :eek:

I know this group likes a great time, expect some comic relief from little Sawtooth. I swear in 15 years you will see him on SNL. Anyway, I need to head to the garage to go over the bikes. Lord knows I've done enough ramblin on the last few days because of the Darvocet! :aj:

OldMaiconut

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 28, 2001
OK Here's the deal.... I just went in her bedroom and pried the phone out of her ear ( I think it's permanently attached :think: ) anyway, I gave it my best Bill ******* lower lip quiver, and asked if she was sure she wasn't going. She said "Don't worry Dad, I'm going." Mom's shining us on though. Plan on getting out Friday around supper time. Who else will be there early?

KOWKATCHER

Mar 31, 2002
Good news is the rain has long since moved on, Tell the ladies the rain is no excuse. We have a 40 by 40 tent for everyonbe to set under in case. The last I heard was all rain was suppose to be out of here early Saturday. The road into is not only solid but 3/4 gravel. And besides that we have plenty of tractors. (lol) JQL call me I need to get some arrows to put out at the highway. I will try to meet you early tommorow if I don't go to work. I will probally be at the house. Those funny little pills are making me sleep more than not.

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
I am loaded and ready to go. Tell the women it'll be dry ;) Really it's not that bad a place with lots of trees and a BIG tent. KOW -I won't get there till later in the day, maybe as late as 4:00 :| . I left my staple gun there so I can't arrow onthe way in :think: I'll get there and unload the bikes and head out and put up the remianing arrows and signs on the trails. I also need to mow around the camp. I'm bringing the JD. mx547- Is your wife backing out too?

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
she says that she is just coming up saturday to meet everybody. she is not camping.

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
It look like the rain has moved out. I'm thinking that the trails and camp will be in real good shape, the mx track might have a couple of big waterholes. I left a couple of low spots that sure hold water now. :think:

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
We should be there by 11 on Sat. Justin, don't worry about the holes on the mx track. Nothing a few shovels can't take care of. ;)

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
heading out the door be there about midnight or so. rock on! :aj:

Top Bottom