mickdoohan

Nov 11, 2006
Have an 07 YZF 450 and attempted to set my race sag. Have loosened lock ring and used flat head screwdriver and hammer to move the adjusting ring. Have a nicely hacked adjusting ring (thanks to my flat head- no big deal) but the ring seems to be jammed now. I have just read elsewhere on the net that I could have hand-adjusted the spring instead to move the ring. Somehow I can't make the spring rotate by hand? Have I bound the spring and adjusting ring somehow?? Rookie in need of assitance... Thanks for any guidance..

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
Is it safe to assume that this is being done with the rear tire off the ground? Have you attempted to move the ring back to where it was? If you have put the spring in a bind, that should free it. Remember that the spring is still compressed, so there is some friction to be expected. I find that using a long ratchet extension instead of a flat screwdriver helps prevent damage to the rings.

mickdoohan

Nov 11, 2006
Great tip. WD 40 plus the socket extension worked like a champ. Thanks a bunch. interesting to learn what too much sag feels like at the track yesterday. Great traction and very compliant over little choppy bumbs but reall poor front turning ability...

Top Bottom